tama speed cobra double pedal Does it turn into 2 singles ?

Cozadrop

Can we remove one of the springs and connect it to the other pedal. Is the remaining share of the tie rod enough for this?

Pretty sure the slave pedal doesn't have the hoop clamp needed to make it a functioning single pedal.

Pretty sure the slave pedal doesn't have the hoop clamp needed to make it a functioning single pedal.
This is correct. Not only that, the beater holder has to be moved. So the master and slave have to be partially disassembled to move that also.

The hoop clamp can probably be ordered from somewhere, yet I can't seem to find one. It's called Para-Clamp ll.

EDIT: The spring perch must also be moved from master to slave. The slave has the key holder instead.

This is correct. Not only that, the beater holder has to be moved. So the master and slave have to be partially disassembled to move that also.

The hoop clamp can probably be ordered from somewhere, yet I can't seem to find one. It's called Para-Clamp ll.

EDIT: The spring perch must also be moved from master to slave. The slave has the key holder instead.
I have the clamp but no pedal , I need to know before buying

I have the clamp but no pedal , I need to know before buying
Yes, it can be done with some work. The spring assembly will fit on the tab. You also have to move the spring perch and beater holder. After you add the hoop clamp it's done.

Are you comfortable taking both pedals most of the way apart to do this?

I did not understand your last sentence "Are you comfortable taking both pedals most of the way apart to do this? "

I did not understand your last sentence "Are you comfortable taking both pedals most of the way apart to do this? "
You must disassemble both pedals to move the parts. Is that okay?

Where, a spring housing goes on the Speed cobra slave pedal, there is the plastic tuning key holder so that’ll tell you already.

Trolling a little, The Pearl P3002 demonator - it can, no problem.

edit (to show slaves independent tension housing)*
Note the linkage on my slave, the top part has inlets for the spring, because your going to need to hold them in place over by the cam, also notice the slot bracket on bottom to fasten/control spring for adjustments.
If you don’t have that your going to need to figure something out.
8DD940D6-BFFD-4490-AC62-06BEFA7DB9A2.jpeg

Last edited:
BTW......I can't remember who, but someone, maybe Trick makes a double pedal that separates and can be used as 2 independent pedals. I've always thought that is a great way to do it. Two bass drums but you're leaving one home to do a small gig, yet you want the ability to play double bass. Voila!

Get a trick big foot.

It actually comes as two separate pedals and converts to a double pedal.

These are the actions to be taken , can important parts fit another
The green is doable, the purple route in your sketch is a no go. As I said before there should be some kind of bracket and not a drum key holder. Weld one?
As for the red, your spring would keep slipping off the cam rod, refer to my pedal that has inserts for small tension rods that fasten spring. I suppose you could drill and thread.

You will have to modify somehow, or get a Pearl P3002 Demonator, which also converts to longboard, good luck...

Last edited:
The green is doable, the purple route in your sketch is a no go. As I said before there should be some kind of bracket and not a drum key holder. Weld one?
As for the red, your spring would keep slipping off the cam rod, refer to my pedal that has inserts for small tension rods that fasten spring. I suppose you could drill and thread.

You will have to modify somehow, or get a Pearl P3002 Demonator, which also converts to longboard, good luck...
no need to drill holes fixed with screws , The mast on your pedal is fixed.
I think I'll take it and try

BTW......I can't remember who, but someone, maybe Trick makes a double pedal that separates and can be used as 2 independent pedals. I've always thought that is a great way to do it. Two bass drums but you're leaving one home to do a small gig, yet you want the ability to play double bass. Voila!
Tama Camco double pedal. 1981 (thereabouts). Unhook the driveshaft. Move the beater over. 2 single pedals. And the slave pedal has a floorplate. I just bought one as a single pedal (off eBay) to use as a main with floorplate.

Attachments

• camco double pedal.jpg
    camco double pedal.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 10
Axis doubles can be made into 2 single pedals. DW 5000's used to be able to do it too, but it's been 17+ years since I've used/looked at those, so they may not be able to do that anymore. It does make sense to be able to split them into singles if needed.

Thanks for the info. That's cool and as I stated above, it just makes sense.
The Pearl Demon Drives can as well. They can be a left or right double pedal, or two single pedals with just 5-10 minutes of work. I've also seen configured as a center drive with the pedals offset, but I'm not sure if that can be done with the default double pedal or if it takes more parts.

I've also seen configured as a center drive with the pedals offset, but I'm not sure if that can be done with the default double pedal or if it takes more parts.
That requires a second slave. You need a second driveshaft and pedal. The master pedal becomes the center "tower", you need the two slaves to connect to it. The master pedal needs to lose its footboard and chain also. On top of that, the main pedal side of the master needs the spring moved to the slave, or the tab for the driveshaft extended.

Back