Tama Sizzle Touch Drop Clutch

calan

Silver Member
This is the real deal. It's the drop clutch I've been wanting for the last decade or two. Some years back I modified a DW drop clutch to perform similarly, but it was much less elegant and harder to adjust (the only way to make spring adjustments was either by swapping the spring or snipping coils).

It has the added bonus of being relatively compact and coming with the cool quick release feature.

If your playing keeps you foot from sitting on the hihat pedal for any significant length of time, for double bass reasons or otherwise, I'd very much recommend one.

SYMBOLIC DEATH

This is the real deal. It's the drop clutch I've been wanting for the last decade or two. Some years back I modified a DW drop clutch to perform similarly, but it was much less elegant and harder to adjust (the only way to make spring adjustments was either by swapping the spring or snipping coils).

It has the added bonus of being relatively compact and coming with the cool quick release feature.

If your playing keeps you foot from sitting on the hihat pedal for any significant length of time, for double bass reasons or otherwise, I'd very much recommend one.
Where did you get yours? I've been looking for one, but they are either out of stock or taking pre-orders.

calan

Silver Member
Where did you get yours? I've been looking for one, but they are either out of stock or taking pre-orders.
I don't recall off hand, but I looked on reverb.com and only found the one I ordered, and it was a mom and pop shop. Otherwise, as you said, it was the usual suspects only offering pre orders.

I don't much get excited about gear anymore, but this is a rare exception and it was worth the shipping premium for me in this case