Tama logo bass drum head

Pictures?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to resize pics on my phone to be able to post them here without a computer and I don't always have easy access to a non-mobile device these days. Next time I'm near a real computer I'll do so.

Pictures?
I got one..or 2..
I wanted a textured, white Reso, with hole and YAMAHA logo, but could not find one.. only smooth white "Marching Heads"..w/no hole. After confirmation in this thread, ordered my Evans Textured with hole ($34, I think) and a black YAMAHA logo ($9).

Here are the results..before and after. Hardest part is lining it up straight, especially as it has the evans logo already on bottom.. and double especially after all the sh!t I give people about crooked logos..although that's usually just indexing the head.. a sticker is for life. ;)

Before:
D2a.jpg

and after:
dr1a.jpg
Man, there's somethin classy bout a white BD head..
(Hmm..looks like I might have to rotate about 1-1.5 Degree counter clockwise?..

Now that im looking at these pics, one thing is bothering me..kinda like I thought it might.
Notice how the hoop or whatever ya call it, is also white like the head. the factory black Yamaha head was silver (well aluminum I suppose), as is the hoop on the clear EMAD on the batter side.. does this look distracting to anyone else?

dr5a.jpg

Hmm..Interesting. Well front view looks dope still.

T.

When I restored my Vistalite kit I went with a Remo Blue Colortone head (with port hole) to match the color of the bass drum. I got a Ludwig decal off Ebay, and I'm very happy with how it turned out!

It took a while to make sure I had it lined up, cuz I too would have had a problem with a crooked decal, haha.

jaL02WC.jpg

I got one..or 2..
I wanted a textured, white Reso, with hole and YAMAHA logo, but could not find one.. only smooth white "Marching Heads"..w/no hole. After confirmation in this thread, ordered my Evans Textured with hole ($34, I think) and a black YAMAHA logo ($9).

Here are the results..before and after. Hardest part is lining it up straight, especially as it has the evans logo already on bottom.. and double especially after all the sh!t I give people about crooked logos..although that's usually just indexing the head.. a sticker is for life. ;)

Before:
View attachment 87618

and after:
View attachment 87619
Man, there's somethin classy bout a white BD head..
(Hmm..looks like I might have to rotate about 1-1.5 Degree counter clockwise?..

Now that im looking at these pics, one thing is bothering me..kinda like I thought it might.
Notice how the hoop or whatever ya call it, is also white like the head. the factory black Yamaha head was silver (well aluminum I suppose), as is the hoop on the clear EMAD on the batter side.. does this look distracting to anyone else?

View attachment 87620

Hmm..Interesting. Well front view looks dope still.

T.

Evans sprays their white coatings which then covers the hoop. If it really drives you crazy you can simply 'wipe' it off with some acetone, nail polish remover, or high % iso alcohol and a rag.

When I restored my Vistalite kit I went with a Remo Blue Colortone head (with port hole) to match the color of the bass drum. I got a Ludwig decal off Ebay, and I'm very happy with how it turned out!

It took a while to make sure I had it lined up, cuz I too would have had a problem with a crooked decal, haha.

jaL02WC.jpg

Nice job! Looks factory made.

Evans sprays their white coatings which then covers the hoop. If it really drives you crazy you can simply 'wipe' it off with some acetone, nail polish remover, or high % iso alcohol and a rag.

Interesting. Awesome tip. I may just do that.
Thanks.

T.

Nice job! Looks factory made.

Interesting. Awesome tip. I may just do that.
Thanks.

T.

What has been driving me crazy (and is a different printing method so I can't wipe it off) is the bar code evans puts on the hoop... For some reason the last several bass heads I've bought had the barcode aligned with the logo placement so my bass drum ALWAYS has visible barcodes behind the hoop.

Back