Tama logo bass drum head

roncadillac

Platinum Member
Unlike what most members around here seem to say, I prefer having the drum company logo on my reso head. I am a Tama guy and I'm proud of it. I've had to swap a worn Tama logo head and put on my preferred Evans. The problem is... I miss my Tama logo.

I use calftone or coated heads so a Tama sticker or decal is pretty much out of the question. I looked around for custom heads and the cheapest I could find is Jim with Drumart.com but I'm sorry, I absolutely refuse to pay $105 + shipping for a $37 Evans eq3 (per MF and GC today) with a Tama logo printed on it, considering I want no other printing or images or even background color. Tama of course makes and sells their logo heads but anywhere I could find had the dreaded 'special order' listed and want $80+ including shipping.

Does anyone have any ideas? I need an 18" white, coated, or calftone style Tama logo head and can't seem to find one. You'd think drum manufacturers would make these easier to find since it's essentially a large billboard.

I even considered printing, cutting, and spray painting a stencil logo but I ALWAYS mess up anything that must be even/level/etc.

Get a stencil made, or make one yourself.

With a bit of practice and some care you should be able to spray an decent logo onto the head.

Perfect? Maybe not, but cost effective for sure.

Tama makes stickers which are sold many places (Drum Center New Hampshire, Amazon).

I ordered a Ludwig USA sticker from eBay for about $5. Sticks great to my coated head.

I ordered from this page: https://www.ebay.com/usr/robs-art?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

What was cool is that when I was placing my order, there was a link to a $5 coupon. Ended up getting it for a $1, shipped.

It looks like he has them in black

White

or Gold

Thanks for your replies everyone! I'm going to look into tama stock heads first (in all my years surfing their website I've never known I could order directly) then some of the mentioned alternatives.

I use those same kind of die-cut vinyl decals like PorkPieGuy mentioned (from the same seller too) and they stick to every kind of head I've tried them on, including coated and Fiberskyn.
Same here. I'm currently using a die-cut vinyl Gretsch decal on a Remo Fiberskyn head, with zero issues after 2+ years. It looks perfect, and was easy to install.

Awesome, I'm going to try the mentioned sticker first as I've still yet to receive a response from Tama about my purchase inquiry. Thanks everyone!

Placed an order for one of the above listed die cut vinyl logo decals from the same seller. I too had a $5 off coupon so all told I got three of the 9x2 decals shipped for $12. One for my first try, one for when I inevitably mess up the first one, and one for my car's bumper :)

Last edited:
Placed an order for one of the above listed die cut vinyl logo decals from the same seller. I too had a $5 off coupon so all told I got three of the 9x2 decals shipped for $12. One for my first try, one for when I inevitably mess up the first one, and one for my car's bumper :)

Good move!

Just a little FYI, I had a couple of gigs this weekend, and I thought I'd snap a picture of my logo head. I played on a farm this weekend thus explaining the trailer. :)

This was a coated head that had a Ludwig logo on it. I really wanted the USA logo on it, so I carefully removed the decal and put this one on its place. It's been on there since early May, and I've gigged about at least a half-dozen times since then, so this has gotten plenty of play time. The logo looks just as good now as it did the day I put it on there.

Attachments

• luddy sticker.jpg
    luddy sticker.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Good move!

Just a little FYI, I had a couple of gigs this weekend, and I thought I'd snap a picture of my logo head. I played on a farm this weekend thus explaining the trailer. :)

This was a coated head that had a Ludwig logo on it. I really wanted the USA logo on it, so I carefully removed the decal and put this one on its place. It's been on there since early May, and I've gigged about at least a half-dozen times since then, so this has gotten plenty of play time. The logo looks just as good now as it did the day I put it on there.

That looks great, thanks!

Package arrived today. The decals are of high quality printing, very easy to apply, and look fantastic!

I asked my wife to take a look and she said, "honestly, it looks like it was printed on the head." Very pleased!

Package arrived today. The decals are of high quality printing, very easy to apply, and look fantastic!

I asked my wife to take a look and she said, "honestly, it looks like it was printed on the head." Very pleased!

Don't you love it that a $5 decal works just as good as a $50 logo head? I've done this twice so far with great results both times. Just have to be careful before sticking it down.

Don't you love it that a $5 decal works just as good as a $50 logo head? I've done this twice so far with great results both times. Just have to be careful before sticking it down.

Absolutely! I got a few extra just in case. Really saved a ton of money and didn't have to change my preferred sound.

Just wondering, do you use only a smooth shiny head for the decal, or will it stick on a "fiberskin"/or other than shiny smooth head?

I'm assuming the smooth shiny are the best for adhesion, but wondering if folks used any other heads when applying the sticky decals (or "DEKKels", as someone I know calls them ;))

I see my question has been answered.. (before I even asked it , strangely enough).

T.

Last edited:
Just wondering, do you use only a smooth shiny head for the decal, or will it stick on a "fiberskin"/or other than shiny smooth head?

I'm assuming the smooth shiny are the best for adhesion, but wondering if folks used any other heads when applying the sticky decals (or "DEKKels", as someone I know calls them ;))

I see my question has been answered.. (before I even asked it , strangely enough).

T.
I've had mine on my evans calftone head for weekly rehearsal (drums get packed up and moved entirely) and a few gigs since I first posted on 7/29 and it looks like new still and shows absolutely no signs of coming off or degrading any time soon. I know it hasn't been that long but it's a start.

Back