Tama Iron Cobra Squeaking Issue

TxGroove

My experience with WD-40 is bad. It may “disperse water” but it has never lubricated well for my needs. For tension rods, I prefer a very light petroleum oil, such as sewing machine oil.

What do y’all prefer for lubricating drum part? Has anyone tried silicone or graphite?
Just last night, I was re-tuning my Slingerland drum it. Taking off the hoops and dropping some thick lubricant, sorta like for chainsaws inside the lugs that the tension rods go into, not to much (I have mines in a garage so) I do this every six months ok, call it ocd or whatever. I decided i should lube the hoops along with them. I had Vaseline next to me so, I decided to clothe them down with it. Then I started to think, maybe that's to much of a water lubericant, and went with the metal rust resistant gun lub (Bicycle lube). She sounds like a charm! But, is Vaseline even a option on the lugs or chrome?

TxGroove

This is a fun thread. I just had the same issue with my Iron Cobra. I lubed all the obvious moving parts-still a squeak, I noted the screws on rod from slave loose so tightened it up-seemed less. Then I notice the pedal wasn't tight on bass drum-squeak reduced but still there. Finally I lubed the chain on cam-squeak finally gone. Maybe just take it off-spray it all down with Water Dispersal 40 and then put back on with everything tightened up. Save you the trouble of missing something.
Sounds like a good idea, but let's see how it last eh. I also lube the chain, I ALWAYS treat any Iron Cobra like it's a bicycle... Just me... interested in how others use theirs. I think it's more for practice or live punk'ish gigs