Tama IC 900 hi-hat: Lever Glide vs Velo Glide

moldmaker

I have an older Tama hi-hat stand right now and am looking to purchase a new 900. There's a Velo Glide on the kit at church, so I have experience with it. I've been very happy with it over the last 6 years. I wouldn't have any problems purchasing one for my own, but I'm curious about the Lever Glide. Could anybody compare/contrast the two in terms of feel, smoothness, etc? What about getting a good "chick" sound with my foot? I wouldn't be able to try the Lever Glide in person. Can't find one anywhere. Thanks.

TJK

I have the leverglide and honestly I don’t know what to think of it. It’s built well but I am not sure about the lever action vs the straight pull. I only paid 100 for it and haven’t really messed with the settings but if I had my choice I would go with the velo
I have never tried the velo however

moldmaker

Interesting. Thanks. I do like the Velo. I like how the cymbals chick and how the pedal stops hard. I don't really want anything softer like I've been reading about the Lever.

TJK

Interesting. Thanks. I do like the Velo. I like how the cymbals chick and how the pedal stops hard. I don't really want anything softer like I've been reading about the Lever.

Yes, that’s it; the chick is much less forceful. That’s what I don’t care for.