Tama Direct Flexi-Mount


Gold Member
What's the word on this tom mount? Has anyone tried this bass/tom mount Tama calls the Direct Flexi-Mount?

From their site:
This Direct-Flexi Mount utilizes a two-piece structure – a plate that is mounted to the shell, and another piece that receives the L-rod of a tom holder/stand. These two parts are hinged together using a steel shaft, allowing some slight horizontal play when striking the drum. This controls the vibration of the shell while still allowing it to resonate more freely than traditional direct-to-shell mounts. This in turn provides sustain and smooth decay for a smooth, transparent sound that draws out the intrinsic characteristics of the shell material.


Senior Member
I'm sure it's good, as Tama rarely makes bad stuff, but the Inde mount does the same thing with less metal against the shell. They also make a version that replaces a lug, so no drilling needed.