Tama bass drum ACCU HOOPS????

Old Dog new Cans

So, I just saw a set of these online for sale. I had never seen these before. They remind me a little of the 3D printed snare drums.

Were these hoops a phase? Did they help in tuning? Did they break easily? I've only seen one set ever, so it seems like a fad to me. Of course, I was away from drumming for so many years, I really missed out on a lot.

Just curious

johnwesley

Silver Member
Acoustically Climatized Control Unit hoops work well in areas where wide swings in temperature and humidity are rising beyond historical norms. Especially now that we can refer to the records which only began collection 27 years ago. I hope this helps. If not.....well....never mind. Enjoy the weather there in Indiana.

Old Dog new Cans

Acoustically Climatized Control Unit hoops work well in areas where wide swings in temperature and humidity are rising beyond historical norms. Especially now that we can refer to the records which only began collection 27 years ago. I hope this helps. If not.....well....never mind. Enjoy the weather there in Indiana.
Interesting. I simply knew nothing about them. . .I will admit, I didn't Google them at all. 👀 :rolleyes: Thanks

Ghostin one

They're used on Tama's entry level lines - Rockstar, Swingstar, Imperialstar. I heard someone say it's a solid hoop that will probably last a long time, but they don't have a ten-lug hoop. (There was a 24" ten lug decades ago, Artstar ES and others)

Last edited: