Take the Drummerworld QUIZ!

edvia

Test your knowledge (or try your patience) with this short but tough quiz.

1) Vinnie Colaiuta’s full name is mentioned in the lyric of a song. What song is that?

2) Zildjian in Turkish roughly translates to _________

3) a tom with its diameter equal to its depth is known as what?

4) the first issue of Modern Drummer NOT to feature a drummer on its cover had what instead? (be specific)

5) speaking of Modern Drummer, an ‘80s issue included a “flexi disc” phonograph record featuring a Neil Peart original composition. What was the title of that song?

6) which of the following is NOT considered a rudiment? a. eggbeaters b. book report c. malf d. nanny-ta-ta e. plutnduh

7) Dave Weckl is known to be particularly fond of which automobile?

8) what was the original company name for Tama Drums?

9) on the main Drummerworld site (not the discussion forum), whenever you see the “master list” of Top 500 Drummers along the left side of the page, two drummers are listed twice. Which two?

10) what is this?

Attachments

• quiz.jpg
    quiz.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 550
3) "square" or Power

5) Pieces of Eight

8) Star Drums

Awww, Duncan beat me to the coolest answer. Here's a little extra credit: Who says his name?

1) Answered

2) Cymbal maker,

3) Square. (Power toms are 2 to 3" longer than standard toms)

4) I think it was just a drum set. The only time it was not a person.

5) Pieces of 8

6) which of the following is NOT considered a rudiment? a. eggbeaters b. book report c. malf d. nanny-ta-ta e. plutnduh - Book report

7)Corvette I think

8) Star drums

9) on the main Drummerworld site (not the discussion forum), whenever you see the “master list” of Top 500 Drummers along the left side of the page, two drummers are listed twice. Which two? - Not sure, but my guess is Rodger Taylor and Jo Jones.

10) PQleyR nailed it!

1. Sting
2. Paiste
3. square (or tetrahedral)
4. a cape
5. PAt's delight (later changed to Moby Dick)
6. c
7. Smart car
8. Yamaha
9. Butch Trucks dn jaimoe, the 2 drummers in the Allman Bros. band
10. this is ...my foolish answers

2) a cymbal smith
3) a power tom
5) Spirit Of The Radio
8) Star
9) Ringo and Ringo Starr

2) yes, sort of. You could be more specific here.
3) yes it's a power tom, but I'm looking for something more specific.
5) wrong
8) yes
9) yes, but who's the other drummer listed twice?

i) Catholic Girls by Frank Zappa.

Very good!

10) Triple Ratamacue.

Correct!

3) "square" or Power

5) Pieces of Eight

8) Star Drums

Awww, Duncan beat me to the coolest answer. Here's a little extra credit: Who says his name?

All of your answers are correct. Care to guess on the others?

Bozzio's ex-missus. I wanna say her name is Dale, but couldn't be certain.

again, correct!

1) Answered

2) Cymbal maker,

3) Square. (Power toms are 2 to 3" longer than standard toms)

4) I think it was just a drum set. The only time it was not a person.

5) Pieces of 8

6) which of the following is NOT considered a rudiment? a. eggbeaters b. book report c. malf d. nanny-ta-ta e. plutnduh - Book report

7)Corvette I think

8) Star drums

9) on the main Drummerworld site (not the discussion forum), whenever you see the “master list” of Top 500 Drummers along the left side of the page, two drummers are listed twice. Which two? - Not sure, but my guess is Rodger Taylor and Jo Jones.

10) PQleyR nailed it!

2) that is correct, but bonus points if you can be even more specific.

3) correct

4) keep trying (I'm looking for something specific)

5) correct

6) WRONG! Try again

7) you are correct, sir

8) yup

9) NOPE!

1. Sting
2. Paiste
3. square (or tetrahedral)
4. a cape
5. PAt's delight (later changed to Moby Dick)
6. c
7. Smart car
8. Yamaha
9. Butch Trucks dn jaimoe, the 2 drummers in the Allman Bros. band
10. this is ...my foolish answers

you get a D- for lack of trying :)

So questions 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 10 have been answered correctly. That leaves:

2) Zildjian in Turkish roughly translates to _________.

- While "cymbal smith" is correct, there's more to the translation than that. Can anyone figure it out?

4) the first issue of Modern Drummer NOT to feature a drummer on its cover had what instead? (be specific)

- "a drum set" isn't going to be good enough to get a correct answer. C'mon guys, what is it???

6) which of the following is NOT considered a rudiment? a. eggbeaters b. book report c. malf d. nanny-ta-ta e. plutnduh

- there are only 5 possible answers here, yet no one has guessed correctly.

9) on the main Drummerworld site (not the discussion forum), whenever you see the “master list” of Top 500 Drummers along the left side of the page, two drummers are listed twice. Which two?

- while Ringo is correct, "Ringo" and "Ringo Starr" do not count as two separate drummers. Who's the other drummer to be listed twice???

There are still a few questions that have yet to be answered correctly. Anyone else want to try?

- Hint: I'm looking for more than just "a drum set"

- there are only 5 possible answers here, yet no one has guessed correctly.

- while Ringo is correct, "Ringo" and "Ringo Starr" do not count as two separate drummers. Who's the other drummer to be listed twice???

Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz is the other, along with ringo

Back