Take the Drummerworld QUIZ!

edvia

Ok, make it 4.

Yes, I suppose there are four. I never noticed that Airto or "Bermuda" were listed twice, but now I see that. But there's still one more that I've noticed, and no one's guessed it yet.

Here's who we have so far: Ringo, Bermuda and Airto. And the 4th drummer to be listed twice is...... (who knows, maybe there's even more than four?)

i gonna take a guess and say a bass drum (since someone said drum kit and it wasn't enough)
nope, I'm looking for something very specific. I'll give you all a hint: It was a "special issue" about [something].

lsits

Gold Member
#4: I think it was an issue dealing with entry-level drumsets. It featured five or six kits from the major manufacturers. Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Yamaha, Premier. By the way the Tama Rockstar was deemed the best entry-level kit.

edvia

6. nanny ta ta............
YES! I just made that one up. The others can be found here:

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/hybrid_rudiments.php

#4: I think it was an issue dealing with entry-level drumsets. It featured five or six kits from the major manufacturers. Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Yamaha, Premier. By the way the Tama Rockstar was deemed the best entry-level kit.
Yes, MD did say in the cover story of the "Entry-Level Drumsets" issue (back in February of 1998) that it was the first one not to feature a drummer on the cover. However, when I went back to double-check this for myself, I came across their "10th Anniversary" issue from January 1986, which also didn't have a drummer on the cover. Considering I originally thought it was the Entry-Level Drumsets issue and MD even said so themselves, I'll give this one to you. Well done!

Attachments

Taye-Dyed

"ian" means "son of". Zildjian translates, literally, into "son of a cymbal maker".
This is correct. To expand the trivia a little bit, it is actually not Turkish but an Armenian name. Zildjian family are of Armenian descent who hailed from Turkey. Zil means cymbal or bell. Zildji means cymbal/bell maker. -ian is "son of" like Caddy said.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent

Attachments

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Maybe the mysterious drummer should tell us who he is himself...

... I'm sure the members would like that :)

PS: I added the "Beatles" logo on the BD myself, just to create some confusion, it has nothing to do with the fab four...