SwitchKick beater with Yamaha FP9 pedal?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Who here uses the new Yamaha FP9 pedal, and has tried the SwitchKick beater with it? Did you have any success getting it to stay?

I bought the pedal, but the hole for the beater rod is an oval-shaped pressure fit, and won't grab the rod. Is there a workaround for that? I'm a die-hard SwitchKick beater user for a few reasons, and am spoiled - going back to a standard beater is not an option.

Bermuda

vyacheslav

I know some aftermarket beaters won't fit certain pedals (beater clamp hole is too small). I've gotten around that by slightly enlarging the beater clamp hole by using a 1/4" drill bit. Is that something you can try?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I got my answer and it is no. Because there are adjacent 2 beveled sides on the beater shaft, there's not enough of a round circumference to press-fit well into the notch of the receiving hole. It can be tightened down, but can also turned by hand and loosened without much effort. I imagine that it would also loosen on the job. :(

drumnut87

yep, heard of this issue with the switchkick and a couple of pedals, yamaha designed the pedal to fit yamaha beaters, and thats about it i believe.