Swiss Matthias' short beatz thread

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Only 9 months, what's the deal...!

Well I still exist thankfully, and I still play drums :). Here's another little thing
from me, including the bass and some synth.

Beat #28 - a polymetric study: https://youtu.be/KyRwxho36pM

The idea of this little peace actually grew out of a hand exercise Claus Hessler
gave to me in a lesson. Hope you dig it!

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
For some reason i seem to always have overlooked this thread, which is a shame..

Some very nice playing in all your videos..

And that last exercise is a nice one too..!

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
You very rarely see me break a stick, but in this video it actually happened:D.
I was recording myself doing some metronome training.

Beat #30 – Stick Break Beat:

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Thanks my friend!! I recorded this thing very spontaneously, and I actually almost discarded it all.
I'm not happy with the execution of some moments, but I like the overall mood and the ideas, so
I decided to let perfectionism go :).

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks my friend!! I recorded this thing very spontaneously, and I actually almost discarded it all.
I'm not happy with the execution of some moments, but I like the overall mood and the ideas, so
I decided to let perfectionism go :).
I'll take vibe over perfection any day, & TBH, I didn't spot any imperfections anyhow, I was too busy enjoying it as a whole :)

I'm in the middle of putting something fairly spontaneous together with my band now. Some bad decisions early on mean it's riddled with errors in timing, but because the vibe is good, it will see the light of day. Perfection often equates to paralysis, & our self obsession sometimes blinds us to what's actually important & picked up on by others.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Yeah, I think there is a time and a place for both perfection and vibe and the tricky part is deciding adequately between the two :). Not easy!
Looking forward to seeing the video of your band.

CYP

Welllll, it's only been almost a year ... But today is the day a new tiny little thing from me finally conquers the digital world :) :):

Beat #31 – Locked down, Pt. 1:
Diggggg man! Super funky drummer vibes and those fun little sextuplet things in there are cool :)