Sweetwater Exclusive Gretsch Renown

belairien

Silver Member
I watched Nick D'Virgilio's Sweetwater demo of this kit on YouTube. The sound is incredible on this video, and he is an incredible player.

I prefer the 22x14 kick as opposed to the 22x18 which is nearly unavoidable these days. They look more red than orange. Congrats on that kit. Is the snare as good as in this video ? I hope you are very happy with them. I am becoming increasingly interested in the Renown series.
It depends on how the light hits it. Here is a better shot of it. You get shades of red and orange, hence the "Burnt Orange"
20201122_202033.jpg

IBitePrettyHard

That finish is gorgeous, congrats on the kit! I have the identical sizes on my toms (and a 10" as well). They sound better than anything I've ever played.

Do you find that the 22x14 has enough oomph?

@belairien

belairien

Silver Member
That finish is gorgeous, congrats on the kit! I have the identical sizes on my toms (and a 10" as well). They sound better than anything I've ever played.

Do you find that the 22x14 has enough oomph?

@belairien
Most oomph I've had in a kick since my first 22x18. It sounds bigger than it looks. Only comparable kicks I've had were 16" deep. But this is more responsive.

Old Dog new Cans

Beautfiul drums. Gorgeous color. It literally looks like blood orange.