Super proud :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
At a time when things are especially tough, it's nice to have something special cheer up your day. This arrived in my mails this morning - a special "behind the scenes" feature 4 page article & review in Drummer Magazine. Nice to have your hard work results & approach independently validated :)

Drummer magazine also wanted to check out our claims of "no processing" for themselves. To conclude that the sound in the room was "better" than the recording, was the icing on the cake for me :) Nice feature of our own David Floegel (interview to be published later), & input from the Beatloaf guys too.

Here's the link directly to a PDF of the article http://media.wix.com/ugd/abceeb_5d79127dccba41ecb3cfa1c22ea9bc24.pdf

I'm not really meant to publish this, as the magazine release is tomorrow, but I couldn't help myself!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations to you and to everybody involved!
You all deserve it so much.
Thanks Arky - yes, "uber drummer" - made me smile too :) Not a bad title to have though eh!

To all, sorry you have to click on a link, but it's hosted, so no download. I couldn't get it readable enough to post it on these pages in jpeg form :(

Direct link (no download) http://media.wix.com/ugd/abceeb_5d79127dccba41ecb3cfa1c22ea9bc24.pdf

Individual page links hosted on this site (small file download)

Attachments

• 196.4 KB Views: 80
  • 225.3 KB Views: 69
  • 255.2 KB Views: 69
  • 176.4 KB Views: 61

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Great article. Very well written and just enough tech speak to really get the ideas across. I dont care for the asthetics of the three same diameter toms, but they do sound great. I wonder if you haven't started the next phase in drum building? By next year every new kit will have 3 12" toms of varying depths.

You should be very proud of what you have achieved, the accolades are well deserved. Congratulations!

Diet Kirk

Silver Member
Congrats Andy, well deserved recognition.

However are you not slightly annoyed that the reviewer has really key'ed in on the identical size rack toms? It reads like that is the backbone of guru drums and the main source of innovation.

All of us here of course know that is far from the case in terms of innovative features and I was under the impression that the same diameter rack toms was an experiment of sorts to analyse some fundamentals of construction, not to be pitched as the new innovation and answer to the modern drum kit set up?

I might be being hard on the reviewer here, and obviously you are happy with the article. But i think he missed the point a bit and potentially short changed you from a marketing point of view?

Magenta

Platinum Member
Bloody fantastic, Andy! What an informative article, and great that it runs to several pages. 3 is my favourite, naturally.

You've worked so hard to deserve this; to say I'm very very happy for you doesn't even come close. I'll be buying a couple of copies tomorrow!

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
When people ask me what kind of drums I play, I answer with "The best in the world".

Congratulations to a pair of gentlemen who exemplify the qualities of Craftsmanship and Integrity.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Congratulations Andy on some more ultra positive mainstream attention. The thing I love about Guru is that there are no deceptions, not even the tiny marketing ones. Andy, if anything, is honest, and is the definition of integrity. I wouldn't say it's the most in depth article but it's plenty positive. The recordings are the the thing that really does the selling with these drums. Those are your best advertisement Andy. Words fail when trying to describe how these drums inspire.

Congrats Andy, you should be super proud. Great article. Looking forward to watching the YouTube clips of the drums. Very interesting concept,.same diameter different length......

eric_B

Great article Andy, a nice token of appreciation for all the time and efforts the two of you have put in your company. I hope it brings you even more happy customers.

8Mile

Platinum Member
Congratulations, Andy! Some much-deserved, positive publicity. Some bad mother****ers like you guys can't stay under the radar for long.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
looks great brother ... congrats !

I'll be sure to pick up a copy
Thanks Tony, I appreciate that :)

Spot-on, Andy.
Congrats to you and everyone at Guru; it's good to see hard work and perseverance paying off :)
It's a long road, & sometimes extremely rocky. This article is a little ray of light :)

I dont care for the asthetics of the three same diameter toms, but they do sound great. I wonder if you haven't started the next phase in drum building? By next year every new kit will have 3 12" toms of varying depths.
Thank you :) This is just a prototype kit. The choice of sizes was an attempt to show just what can be done with the best shell & hardware design combinations. We don't expect any orders for this configuration.

Congrats, Andy! Great article.

Congrats Andy, well deserved recognition.

However are you not slightly annoyed that the reviewer has really key'ed in on the identical size rack toms? It reads like that is the backbone of guru drums and the main source of innovation.

All of us here of course know that is far from the case in terms of innovative features and I was under the impression that the same diameter rack toms was an experiment of sorts to analyse some fundamentals of construction, not to be pitched as the new innovation and answer to the modern drum kit set up?

I might be being hard on the reviewer here, and obviously you are happy with the article. But i think he missed the point a bit and potentially short changed you from a marketing point of view?
I think the article is fairly well balanced for something that covers a lot of ground. Yes, there is an over emphasis on the novelty of 3 x 10" toms, as that's not where the innovation exists. Anyone can do that. It wouldn't sound the same, but it's easily replicated to a degree. The 3 x 10" tom's performance is a manifestation of the design & technology. All will become much more apparent in the next brace of videos :)

I'll be buying a couple of copies tomorrow!
Purely for the kit pictures - surely? ;) ;) ;)

When people ask me what kind of drums I play, I answer with "The best in the world".

Congratulations to a pair of gentlemen who exemplify the qualities of Craftsmanship and Integrity.
Jeff, you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you :)

Words fail when trying to describe how these drums inspire.
Same with you Larry. Just that sentence is enough for me. If we do something that inspires, then what goes around comes around :)

Congrats Andy, you should be super proud. Great article. Looking forward to watching the YouTube clips of the drums. Very interesting concept,.same diameter different length......
Thank you Ron. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgFt6QFzfEM&hd=1 Hit full screen, select 1080HD, & put on some good headphones :) Let me know what you think.

Great article Andy, a nice token of appreciation for all the time and efforts the two of you have put in your company. I hope it brings you even more happy customers.
Thank you Eric :)

Some bad mother****ers like you guys can't stay under the radar for long.
Bad in some ways Larry, gullible in others :(

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Congrats again Andy.This kind of validation,only comes with true dedication to an idea,and the proper execution of those ideas.Guru is again showing the rest of the world,how it's done,and I can't help but think,the big guys ,at this point,must be taking notice.

I think the next step,if financially possible,would for Guru,to make a showing at NAMM,as a follow up.I know that's a costly investment,but somehow,with the validation of those articles,your amazing instruments will sell themselves.I know money isn't the be all end all game here,but a few bucks wouldn't be so bad ?:):)

Againg,bravo to you an Dean.cheers

Steve B

dmacc_2

I share in the congratulations and celebration of everyone here!!

All the dedication you and Dean have given to the craft is reaping the rewards it deserves.