Suggestions for round top drum throne? Anybody selling one?

I'm looking for a round top throne, double braced, 3 legs with a nice padded seat. It would be nice if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Suggestions? Prefer reviews of ones that people have

I'm looking for a round top throne, double braced, 3 legs with a nice padded seat. It would be nice if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Suggestions? Prefer reviews of ones that people have
what part of the states are you in, I just ordered a new throne and will be getting rid of my pork pie round throne, Red velour top, black sparkle sides. Mint condition, no issues. I would recommend it for overall comfort and quality, my tailbone needs a spinal glide though.

Yamaha DS-840. I also suggest the use of a barstool cover.

Like Jasta above, I use a Roc-n-Soc. I'd never buy a used plush seat though. Nothing grosser than sitting on a years worth of some other stage drummer's gooch sweat.

I spent almost $200 on my Tama round rider XL and don't regret a single penny of it. Never again will I go cheap on a throne (considering my last Tama round rider lasted like 15 years I doubt this beefier XL version will crap out at less then 20 so it will be awhile haha). I would sooner play poplar shells and B8 cymbals for the rest of my life then buy a cheap throne EVER again. I'm 30, been doing this for almost 20 years, have bad posture, arthritis, hemorrhoids, and an inflammatory vein issue in my 'manly' area... I need some serious support and comfort to be able to do the 1-2 hour gigs and 4 hour rehearsals I often do.

what part of the states are you in, I just ordered a new throne and will be getting rid of my pork pie round throne, Red velour top, black sparkle sides. Mint condition, no issues. I would recommend it for overall comfort and quality, my tailbone needs a spinal glide though.
Thanks! I'm in Pittsburgh area. Pics?

Yamaha DS-840. I also suggest the use of a barstool cover.

Like Jasta above, I use a Roc-n-Soc. I'd never buy a used plush seat though. Nothing grosser than sitting on a years worth of some other stage drummer's gooch sweat.
That definitely casts a different light on things. Thanks for that..........I think? :sick:

By "nice padded seat" do you mean a good but more typical vinyl-top throne, or a plush one?
There's a notable difference in quality and price in both styles.
I was kinda shocked when I went seat shopping, and, after a lot of comparisons, I consider myself lucky I got the deal I did.

Do you have a price range?
As stated above by others, I went through a couple of different options before I realized the throne is the one piece of the drum set that is always in use, and it's quality can decide both physical condition (posture and comfort) and approach to the rest of the kit. I bought the very best seat that I could find at a price I could afford, and I have no regrets.

Your situation and thoughts may vary...

Another vote for Roc-N-Soc. Or Pork Pie. Yeah, they cost bucks ...... but an uncomfortable throne is just living in the 1st circle of hell. Yamaha makes great stuff ..... but it ain't padded enough for me. I've got 3 Roc-N-Soc's in my house. Two spend more time at my computers than behind my drum kits. But to me, they are the cats pajama's !!!

I use a saddle/tractor though. Easier for me to figure out which side faces front.

By "nice padded seat" do you mean a good but more typical vinyl-top throne, or a plush one?
There's a notable difference in quality and price in both styles.
I was kinda shocked when I went seat shopping, and, after a lot of comparisons, I consider myself lucky I got the deal I did.

Do you have a price range?
As stated above by others, I went through a couple of different options before I realized the throne is the one piece of the drum set that is always in use, and it's quality can decide both physical condition (posture and comfort) and approach to the rest of the kit. I bought the very best seat that I could find at a price I could afford, and I have no regrets.

Your situation and thoughts may vary...
I ended up getting one just like the one I currently have. DW 3100 series. $80 new from ErnieWilliamsonMusic on Ebay, free shipping. I hadn't bought a throne in a while and I was surprised how expensive some them were! I'm in pretty good shape for an old codger so I don't need one with a backrest or some of the other features that add to the price. In advance of someone saying why do you need two? I would reply that if I leave a kit at a rehearsal studio I don't want to have to lug pieces back and forth from there to my home studio. If I have separate kits I have separate everything except for cases since they fit both kits.

Back