Suggestions for drummerworld

timmdrum

Silver Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, period. No one has the power to mold things to only their liking here. There are too many of us. Our only choice is to allow people to have their opposite opinions. It's no big deal.
Don't you know: people don't want to hear others' opinions. They want to hear their own opinions out of others' mouths. 😁

Benthedrummer

How 'bout a summer get together at either DCP or Dale's Drum Shop for us NE types? Could be fun or turn into fracas! :ROFLMAO:

No fair!

This side of the globe makes this nigh impossible for a meet and greet DW members on this forum for me.

I reckon catching up with a few members that have got my interest would be an absolute riot.

The closest I can get to is staring at a teeny circular avatar with some sentences and grammar.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
We should have a DW forum meet in some god forsaken environment like Naked and Afraid-so we all let it hang out as we hang out. Drop all the pretenses of careers, etc. We will have to survive, build a drum kit, ferment alcohol (medicinal purposes lol) from what we can find-then we can rag each other on build quality and finishes. Then at night get drunk and have a drum out as we dance naked around the fire. Sounds like fun to me.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
We should have a DW forum meet in some god forsaken environment like Naked and Afraid-so we all let it hang out as we hang out. Drop all the pretenses of careers, etc. We will have to survive, build a drum kit, ferment alcohol (medicinal purposes lol) from what we can find-then we can rag each other on build quality and finishes. Then at night get drunk and have a drum out as we dance naked around the fire. Sounds like fun to me.
What’s in your coffee?

wraub

Gold Member
I am really liking my new fancy snare drum that the thread inspired/guilty me to trade for, lots more subtleties of expression for sure.
You know what had me throwing good money after bad was not cheap drums, but drums in the wrong sizes. I think I have at least $250 of 20" bass drum heads- just looking for the sound of a 22". Also about $100 of 16" tom heads trying to sound like a 14".
My drums were super duper cheap but I don't need to spend on them because they easily just tune right where I want them with any old head
I play a 20 and a 16, just saying... :D

Im frightened 😱!
No doubt I’d partner up with you for the survival win Art, but I ain’t dancing naked with you 😂

toddy

Platinum Member
honestly i would beg you to never ever lock old threads. this forum is an absolute treasure trove of information from the past few decades. even if people bump old threads who cares, this information is timeless and if someone accidentally brings back a thread from 2007 then what is the harm really. not everyone was around here back then so it would be new info for them anyway. this forum has always been, and still is, absolutely perfect as it is.

on a related note, i recently discovered there was a drums subreddit. could you imagine spending time posting on there instead of here?! lul 💀

GretschedHive

Gold Member
i recently discovered there was a drums subreddit. could you imagine spending time posting on there instead of here?!
I haven't been there much in quite some time. But for a few years, I checked it out a couple times a day. And there were quite a few regulars on there who were generous and thoughtful and knowledgeable. (I'm a fan of reddit, while not being unaware of its problems.)

toddy

Platinum Member
I haven't been there much in quite some time. But for a few years, I checked it out a couple times a day. And there were quite a few regulars on there who were generous and thoughtful and knowledgeable. (I'm a fan of reddit, while not being unaware of its problems.)
Oh don't get me wrong I've made a few posts there. The issue I have with reddit is that unlike here there is no "reputation" and people just make new accounts constantly. The population is way more transient. There's still people posting here who were posting when I first joined nearly 15 years ago! 👏

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
If you want to see what it looks like to have a forum that has specific sub-forums in regards to brands, look at this page. It looks horrible.

My vote is to keep this awesome place the way it is. Y'all are fantastic!!!

Hypercaffium

I would suggest to create a "Ludwig" sub forum somewhere, where the aficionados can talk about everything Ludwig related.
Any drum forum I watch is literaly infested with threads about Ludwig (among other redundant things) every single day, this one seems a little bit better to be honest.
I don't have anything against Ludwig, but the ability to somehow filter those messages would be helpful to navigate the threads that I find interesting.

GretschedHive

Gold Member
I would suggest to create a "Ludwig" sub forum somewhere, where the aficionados can talk about everything Ludwig related.
Any drum forum I watch is literaly infested with threads about Ludwig (among other redundant things) every single day, this one seems a little bit better to be honest.
I don't have anything against Ludwig, but the ability to somehow filter those messages would be helpful to navigate the threads that I find interesting.
Strangest way to spell "Yamaha Stage Custom" I've ever seen...

I kid! I kid!

...I've summoned the Kraken, haven't I...?

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I know this may sound a bit hypocritical but it would be nice 👍 f we could stay on posit instead of getting adrift as we often do.
I come here to talk about drums. Cough cough cough cough. Words to choke on by GetAgrip

I can’t think of a single thing to improve the forum except maybe a translator or an auto grammar and punctuation program to correct my streaming. I think that would be about it. Great bunch of fellas running the show who could ask for anything more. We should be more grateful we have a place to pontificate, we can go and give folks crap or display a lack of civility-I count my blessing everyday.

timmdrum

Silver Member
I wouldn't mind seeing some consolidation of identical threads. For instance, combine all the Acrolite threads (and I'm guilty of that recently- I didn't realize how many there were until I used the search function to search for something I thought I'd seen previously, after I'd started a couple of threads). This is why I don't mind if old threads get resurrected- the only time it's mildly annoying is if someone's answering a question that was asked by someone who hasn't been on the site in years, but still, maybe it awakens someone else to info they didn't know was on here, because it was long buried.

GruntersDad

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I know this may sound a bit hypocritical but it would be nice 👍 f we could stay on posit instead of getting adrift as we often do.
I come here to talk about drums. Cough cough cough cough. Words to choke on by GetAgrip

I can’t think of a single thing to improve the forum except maybe a translator or an auto grammar and punctuation program to correct my streaming. I think that would be about it. Great bunch of fellas running the show who could ask for anything more. We should be more grateful we have a place to pontificate, we can go and give folks crap or display a lack of civility-I count my blessing everyday.
I think you are right about staying on subject, as drifting about tends to get out of hands at times. The other thing is the Off Topic Lounge. I fought for a long while to keep the topics, The original purpose of the Off Topic forum was to discuss subjects that were musical in nature but not necessarily drum-related. This was voted down by Bernhard, he is the boss, and site owner, so now in my opinion things in this section do tend to get out of hand.