Stupid Deal of the Day7

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I look everyday, and I'm in the market for no gear. Just fulfilling my role as a community servant.;)

KamaK

Platinum Member
Note to the uninitiated:

MF's SDD is their way of clearing back stock. It changes as the stock of the item is exhausted and is rarely related to drums. When an item is put on the the SDD, it is usually a 40-50% markdown, and is typically a really good deal.

wraub

Now, now... "crappy" is a strong word...
Alvarez has made some fine guitars- how about we just call this one "good-looks deficient"? ;) :D

When I looked, it was still the Roland mesh TD kit for ~$650.. It must have jumped the the headphones, and now to a crappy acoustic guitar.

roncadillac

I got my old pork pie 14x6 black matte steel snare with 2.3mm hoops for around $90 new on one of those MF SDD finds, I too check it frequently.

markdrum

Silver Member
Thanks for posting this. They must have had a bunch in stock because I just ordered a pair. The site said that the sale was good for another eight hours!

KamaK

Platinum Member
Need some cables? GC's 'Daily Pick' is four 30 foot instrument cables for $24.99
I would advise against MG guitar cables. While I'm usually first in line to stand up against posh Monster oxygen-free-copper snake oil, these inexpensive economy "cable-shaped-objects" fail far too often to recommend.

My advice to anyone looking for inexpensive cable is to buy a roll of Mogami, a bulk box of Switchcrafts, a Weller, and make their own.

(Replace Mogami/Switchcraft/Weller with any other trusted brand from your jurisdiction).

wraub

This.

Cheap cables are usually not worth the space they'll take up in the trashcan, and they usually wind up there way too soon.

Another vote against Monster Cables, too, for... a list of reasons.

And, another vote for rolling your own... It's cost effective and a good skill to have as well.

I would advise against MG guitar cables. While I'm usually first in line to stand up against posh Monster oxygen-free-copper snake oil, these inexpensive economy "cable-shaped-objects" fail far too often to recommend.

My advice to anyone looking for inexpensive cable is to buy a roll of Mogami, a bulk box of Switchcrafts, a Weller, and make their own.

(Replace Mogami/Switchcraft/Weller with any other trusted brand from your jurisdiction).

Last edited:

KamaK

Platinum Member
Cheap cables are usually not worth they'll take up in the trashcan, and they usually wind up there way too soon.
We end up doing a dance once or twice before we learn our lesson.

The 20' cable breaks and becomes a 19.5' cable, then a 19' cable. Then the cable crackles because the ultra-thin nickel plating flakes off the Chinese-ium corrosion-accelerated alloy, so you end up putting Switchcraft's on the what is now an 18' cable. Then it breaks in the middle, and you end up with a 4' patch cable and a 7' patch cable.

FWIW, there are stores that sell premade Mogami/Switchcraft and others, but they tend to have at-least a 50% markup.