Stuff you got for your kit which is NOT specifically meant for drumming...?

Bought a small Google Chrome laptop, a Pyle utility type table for the laptop. I'd like to get to the point where I can record myself, maybe even video. I still haven't bit the bullet on an audio interface.

Bought a small Google Chrome laptop, a Pyle utility type table for the laptop. I'd like to get to the point where I can record myself, maybe even video. I still haven't bit the bullet on an audio interface.

Same - I pulled the trigger on a nice laptop as a step 1 to getting a whole home set up going that involves more than the EAD10 haha.

Same - I pulled the trigger on a nice laptop as a step 1 to getting a whole home set up going that involves more than the EAD10 haha.

I didn't buy anything too spectacular. But the used laptop will hold enough software and info that I can do what I want. I'm still trying to figure out which audio interface I want to invest in.

I had suggestions of buying a Scarlett 18i20 here, months ago when I asked about interfaces and recording. But it seems like overkill to me. I'm looking at an 18i8. But I honestly don't know enough about them.

I didn't buy anything too spectacular. But the used laptop will hold enough software and info that I can do what I want. I'm still trying to figure out which audio interface I want to invest in.

I had suggestions of buying a Scarlett 18i20 here, months ago when I asked about interfaces and recording. But it seems like overkill to me. I'm looking at an 18i8. But I honestly don't know enough about them.

I was planning on the Scarlett 18i20 - I produce a live concert series and that's what the engineer uses and he loves it - can't say enough good things about it. I figure for $100 more - I might as well just go for the unit with more features that way I don't invest $400 into something that I outgrow too fast.

carpet for sure; also a box fan for outdoor summer festival and tractor pull gigs, a little clip on fan for indoor stuff;

My stick bag always features: Gaffer tape, a box of paracetamol, some bandaids and a little LED torch.

S
Read: a box of Tylenol. (for those who never heard of it either)
Sorry I wasn’t sure what you call it in the States. In movies and tv the go to seems to be aspirin which is rarely used down here. We actually call paracetamol, Panadol, which is a brand name. So there you go.

My current bass rig ..... (there's always a loop pedal involved, too).

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 2
Shure MV88+video, dabbled a little, but haven’t messed with it much. Has a phone clamp that attaches to mic via lighting cable.
Also the 3 tiered lamp shelf it sits on both from Amazon.
E57EDFC4-6289-45EC-A9B1-24F601F07D13.jpeg

One of the best little investments I made is for my drink holder on my hi-hat stand. If it were to go missing, I'd buy another within the hour.

84576167_3210105392351133_8197942435951673344_n.jpg

I was planning on the Scarlett 18i20 - I produce a live concert series and that's what the engineer uses and he loves it - can't say enough good things about it. I figure for $100 more - I might as well just go for the unit with more features that way I don't invest $400 into something that I outgrow too fast.

That's the main reason I got one. I generally use it for practice and run only 3-4 channels, but the reasons are:

1) It wasn't much more than the 4 channel one.
2) I will need more on occasion and the potential with extra features and expansion will then be a big deal.
3) Being a full single rack space it fits nicely in with other rack gear.

It's definetly with them money and it's worth noting that it's not long ago that all you'd get for that price was a 2-channel POS that was impossible to sound good. We've come a long way and for budget stuff Focusrite is definetly up there among the best choices. I think something to record yourself on is an essential practice tool these days. This can be done simpler, but if you want to get more seriously into recording and mixing you already got it right there.

A mat and a fan is also essential.

A pair of Behringer C-2 Studio Condenser Microphones are one of my favorite purchases. Nice inexpensive little mics I use for recording practices and with IEMs for hearing protection when practicing.

For starters...

It's been toasty here lately so practice is getting a bit even more sweaty so I got this fan to waft cool air up around me...

Same as you, I bought a clip on Air King fan. Makes no noise, all I hear is air moving.

Back