Stripped a lug on my '88 Supra

steverok

Silver Member
First of all, thank goodness this happened before my show tomorrow, as tonight, I was tuning up my road kit, when suddenly, one of the lugs on my 1988 Ludwig Supra went bad. I switched tension rods, and verified that it's the lug and not the rod. I was able to locate a new one on eBay, along with a new P-32 butt plate, as the screws on that are completely rusted. Luckily I have several back-up choices, but I'm wondering, is this normal for a 24-year-old drum, and should I expect the other 9 lugs to crap out me in the near future now ? Any experience with this from others out there ? I have learned that it's a good idea to always bring a back-up snare to a gig.

Thanks,
Steve-O

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
is this normal for a 24-year-old drum, and should I expect the other 9 lugs to crap out me in the near future now ?
Probably just one of those things.

The lugs on my '66 400 are fine.....that drum has survived almost twice as long as yours without a problem. I wouldn't worry too much about it......fix what's broken now and jump any other hurdle if/when you come to it.