Straight-up rock and roll

8Mile

Platinum Member
This is a medley of a couple tunes I played at an outdoor gig on a farm over the weekend. The camera placement is not great, but I’m still learning with this new Zoom recorder.

Sounding tight-nice playing. Thanks for sharing. I love see all the videos our members are posting of late.

Thanks for the comments.

Nice playing! Rock solid meter.

Why isn't that kit yellow tho? :LOL:
I have those babies tuned up in a way that doesn't sound right to me for this type of music, so I'm keeping them ready-to-go for the gigs where they will fit in musically. Also, we were downwind from a fire pit and I had soot from that all over my drums and cases. Not that my Ludwigs aren't nice, but they've already been through a lot with me and I want to keep the USA Customs pristine a while longer.

Thanks for the comments.

I have those babies tuned up in a way that doesn't sound right to me for this type of music, so I'm keeping them ready-to-go for the gigs where they will fit in musically. Also, we were downwind from a fire pit and I had soot from that all over my drums and cases. Not that my Ludwigs aren't nice, but they've already been through a lot with me and I want to keep the USA Customs pristine a while longer.
Your Ludwig kit is great too! Is that white marine pearl?

I've never had to worry about soot and smoke blowing directly on my kit, but I have a monthly gig that is outdoors at the beach. After each gig I gotta wipe down everything to get the salty dew and residue off. I could bring my Breakbeats instead of my Renowns, but I don't get the nice full sound out of the Breakbeats. I need a "saltwater" only kit, haha.

Nice playing, L. I've only ever seen an overhead shot showing your hands, so it was cool to see the whole picture. I also picture you playing trad grip, lol. Thanks for sharing the vid.

PS - the sound from that little recorder is decent! I think you're right about placement - moving in front of the PA will likely give a more balanced sound with the vocals more prevalent. Still, sounded good. :)

Your Ludwig kit is great too! Is that white marine pearl?
Yessir.

Nice playing, L. I've only ever seen an overhead shot showing your hands, so it was cool to see the whole picture. I also picture you playing trad grip, lol. Thanks for sharing the vid.

PS - the sound from that little recorder is decent! I think you're right about placement - moving in front of the PA will likely give a more balanced sound with the vocals more prevalent. Still, sounded good. :)
Thank you. Yes, I moved the camera between sets because it was right near a trash can and people kept brushing against it. The sound was much better from there, but I didn't realize it until I listened back and it was too late by then.
Sounding really solid Larry. I love it at 1:29 where the guitarist signals the 6 accent but does bugger all to back it up! ;)
Hahaha. Thanks, Andy. Friggin' guitarists!

Back