Stones first show....

Before dumping on the Stones, recall how Charlie was an extremely private person, and for his family's sake, maybe did not want some kind of media frenzy at his funeral, which might ensue had Mick, Keith, Ron and Bill shown up.

Charlie also chose and approved of Jordan filling in for him. They needed to do this tour, it was cancelled last year, and they had the commitment.
Lastly, at $4000/ticket, people clearly need and want to see them, and they clearly like playing.

Before dumping on the Stones, recall how Charlie was an extremely private person, and for his family's sake, maybe did not want some kind of media frenzy at his funeral, which might ensue had Mick, Keith, Ron and Bill shown up.

Charlie also chose and approved of Jordan filling in for him. They needed to do this tour, it was cancelled last year, and they had the commitment.
Lastly, at $4000/ticket, people clearly need and want to see them, and they clearly like playing.
Holy crap, $4k a ticket??? Jesus... lol

So, for $4k for a front row seat, will Keith not only get high with me but supply the drugs? He should.

Given the complete crap playing of mainly Richards about 95% of the shows the past 10 years, even 20 dollars would be too much..

But still, to say that they should quit because a band member died is just ridiculous..

Who is anyone here or everywhere to decide if The Stones are allowed to play or not..?

And besides all that..

I wonder what all the people who complain about “money talks” and “out of respect they should quit” would have answered if Mick would have called THEM to play the gig..

How many would have felt sorry for Charlie too much to refuse…..?

I think i know the answer to that..🙂

Considering in a 2006 interview Charlie gave his blessings to the band to continue without him if they so desired, I should think that would end any discussion.
Still too much money.

So, for $4k for a front row seat, will Keith not only get high with me but supply the drugs? He should.
Wow. That's amazing. I balked at the $300-$500 range of tickets and smartly decided I couldn't afford that! People have the money, and the Stones can get those kind of ticket prices, more power to 'em. I'll just have to enjoy Charlie and the boys on video and the radio. How cool is it to know you were the soundtrack for so many people's lives for the last 50 years? I consider myself lucky to just be able to go out and play ;)

Nope. I'm guessing you have to go with the "Ultimate Front Row VIP package" at $7,878 each to get that.
Cripes, for that kind of money, Mick had better be blowing me while Keith and I get high.

View attachment 108827

I wonder what all the people who complain about “money talks” and “out of respect they should quit” would have answered if Mick would have called THEM to play the gig..

How many would have felt sorry for Charlie too much to refuse…..?

I think i know the answer to that..🙂
If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle

It's ludicrous to think the band was disrespecting Charlie. They adored the man. If they had attended, the Watts family would have to endure a media circus. A spectacle. I guessing it was out of respect for the family, and trying to avoid a scene. Charlie hated scenes.

I didn't want to listen to the vid. I think Steve Jordan is a terrific drummer. But anyone trying to replace the only drummer the Stones ever had will come up short, no matter how good they play. The earlier poster's remarks about the Kraft Family are right on. WTF were they playing for that bastard?

WTF were they playing for that bastard?
$. $$$$$. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I'm hoping they took that dirty old man for as much money as they could get and then another 20%.

Before this thread i never heard of Robert Kraft and i am also not interested enough to look him on google or something, since such people are all the same anyway..

If i would have needed to check every clients-, bar owners-, club owners-, etc history to see if they align with my personal views before i go play for them, most likely i wouldnt have played 1 gig in my life..

Robert Kraft, no Robert Kraft, not relevant at all for this..

People just get emotional because Charlie died and The Stones still dare to play…and even for lots of money most likely…

I say, if that makes them and the audience happy, let them..

Simple as that..🙂

Supply and demand coupled with the ability to meet the demand. I hope The Rolling Stones earns as much income as their business model will allow. It's their business (however they have it established and divvied up) and whatever they want to do, is up to them. Fans have no ownership in the business, regardless of the sentimental attachment to songs or memories. If the fan base doesn't want to pay the prices, doesn't like the albums, or the on-stage band lineup, they can simply not buy tickets, merch, or albums. If this negatively impacts business (read: the Rolling Stones shareholders) enough, they they may make changes that they feel the fans will like enough to give them money again.

If Kieth Richards, Mick Jagger, and Ronnie Wood retired and hired Yngwie Malmsteen, Phil Anselmo, and Steve Vai to replace them on tour, that's entirely up to them. And regardless of how anyone would feel, that would be, "The Rolling Stones." Because at the end of the day, The Rolling Stones are whomever the shareholders puts on stage and says, "That's the band."

Back