Stones first show....

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..I'll post what I like, thank you very much and I explained (my personal reason) in my post above.

Thanks for your input..

Nah..

This is a drummer-forum and every comment about comparing Jordans playing with Watts and the way they influence the sound of The Stones, or that they sound completely lame most of the time the past 25 years (that Copacabana show and r&b record from a few years ago were nice exceptions), or whatever…..

Thats input..

To assume things of which you know nothing about, to judge how other people have to grief, and to put a very ugly image to Jagger, Richards and all the rest, is nothing but cheap gossip drama..

But yeah, post whatever you like, i just explained my personal opinion on that..

Juniper

Gold Member
Nah..

This is a drummer-forum and every comment about comparing Jordans playing with Watts and the way they influence the sound of The Stones, or that they sound completely lame most of the time the past 25 years (that Copacabana show and r&b record from a few years ago were nice exceptions), or whatever…..

Thats input..

To assume things of which you know nothing about, to judge how other people have to grief, and to put a very ugly image to Jagger, Richards and all the rest, is nothing but cheap gossip drama..

But yeah, post whatever you like, i just explained my personal opinion on that..

If the mods of the forum want to remove my posts they can do so. I have no issues with that. I have even admitted I'm being slightly salty to the band and my (personal) reasons for doing so and how only the band can answer, if you want to circle back again.

However, If you don't want forum drama then why are you contributing to it, thus highlighting it even more with one of your (usual) thinly veiled posts - which happen often on here.

I posted something brief, someone responded, then you jumped all over it calling my view (which I hadn't properly explained yet) as "crap" without likewise offering anything to the subject matter in hand.

Bizarre really.

If you want to discuss more feel free to PM me so we're not cultering up this thread with any more 'drama'

Last edited:

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..I posted something brief, someone responded, then you jumped all over it calling my view (which I hadn't properly explained yet) as "crap" without likewise offering anything to the subject matter in hand..

The “crap” was referring to the “hope was worth”- and “money talks”-part..

Not a fan of that……at all…

And even if Jagger can be seen as one of the biggest money hunters the world ever saw, i would not think he would skip Watts funeral for a few dollars..

To insinuate that he and the band would skip Watts funeral on purpose for a few dollars, out of a human view, to me is just ugly..

Thats my sincere, publicly, opinion and after reading back what i wrote, i think i have not used any inappropriate language to express this..

I honestly have nothing to add and therefore is no need to elaborate by pm about this..🙂

calan

Silver Member
It’s possible that their assessment is that Charlie would want them to play the gigs. Maybe that’s the way they honor him. Maybe it’s the other thing. I’m not them. What I do know is I don’t like the way it sounds, but I wasn’t in the market for a ticket anyway.

ToneT

Wow! The Stones are now an imitation of a bar band imitating themselves.
Sad really.
Oh well, that's show biz.
Money talks, bullshit walks, or is the other way around?

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Going back on topic... Jordan seems to be having a good time lol
I would too if I had that gig.
I'm sure he's smiling through his tears as he probably knows not many in the crowd want him up there. Just like what Brad Gillis went through filling in for Randy on Ozzy's tour.
They tortured that poor guy and he toughed it out. Steve is a great player & has the skill to be there.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
And here I thought I was the one with no life.

Philaiy9

Steve's killing it. He doesn't sound exactly like Charlie but he's definitely got the right feel for the songs. Just goes to show how great of a player he is.

I would too if I had that gig.
I'm sure he's smiling through his tears as he probably knows not many in the crowd want him up there. Just like what Brad Gillis went through filling in for Randy on Ozzy's tour.
They tortured that poor guy and he toughed it out. Steve is a great player & has the skill to be there.
You think more than a tiny fraction of the people attending these stadium shows know who the Stones' drummer was or is? Hilarious.

dwsabianguy

I love Steve Jordan's drumming, and while I'm not the world's biggest Stones fan, it just feels like there's a huge gaping hole in the sound and the groove. Snare sound ain't right, and Steve doesn't seem to be channeling Charlie so much as just playing as he normally does, which is great, but it doesn't have that forward-leaning staccato groove that I associate with Charlie and Bill.

It kind of sounds like Mick Jagger showed up drunk on Letterman in 1986.

Still, I think it's great they're still touring.

someguy01

Insert caveat:
The video is clearly from a cellphone, and a crappy one at that. How true to what it sounded like in the venue is that video?
I personally think the Stones should have hung it up more than a decade ago, but that's me. It's clear they love performing, so more power to them. I won't part with any of my hard earned dollars to see them though, and I'm a Jordan fan albeit not a Stones fan.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I hate COVID restrictions has prevented loved ones seeing their family member before death- you know they die alone. That’s awful I don’t want any loved one to die in a hospital- much less alone. Then restrictions to even attend a funeral- that’s even more sad. Dehumanizing

jimb

Juniper (above) may hv a point . It does seem very odd to me seeing as festivals are going ahead..everyone cheek by jowl etc...but after all those yrs they opted not to attend his funeral?...c'mon.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
You think more than a tiny fraction of the people attending these stadium shows know who the Stones' drummer was or is? Hilarious.
What's "Hilarious"? What I said or your answer?
I'd like to think many do and probably more do than what we think.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Insert caveat:
The video is clearly from a cellphone, and a crappy one at that. How true to what it sounded like in the venue is that video?
I personally think the Stones should have hung it up more than a decade ago, but that's me. It's clear they love performing, so more power to them. I won't part with any of my hard earned dollars to see them though, and I'm a Jordan fan albeit not a Stones fan.
I think Charlie himself asked in a 1982 interview why they’re still around. That year the Stones we’re celebrating 20 years as a band and he seemed genuinely surprised that they were still around. What a great down to earth man he was. Too bad there aren’t more like him.