Stones first show....

When I close my eyes and imagine I'm hearing a "Tribute" band play at my local bar, I think "Well that sounds pretty raggedy ... a pretty good approximation of the Stones, but I'm sure I've heard more than one bar band play 'Satisfaction' better (and at the same tempo all the way through). And some of the other songs."

I also feel compelled to say Robert Kraft -- who funded this 'private' gig -- was filmed getting a rub and tug in a Florida massage parlor. Just a colossal jerk off. I hate Belichick even more.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I miss Charlie even more now.
Agreed.
I get it...the tour had momentum & they needed a "hired gun" to finish it (think Axl Rose/ACDC, Brad Gillis/Ozzy, Jason Newstead/Metallica).
I have to wonder will the Stones continue without Charlie or will they hang it up like Rush after Neil?

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I also feel compelled to say Robert Kraft -- who funded this 'private' gig -- was filmed getting a rub and tug in a Florida massage parlor. Just a colossal jerk off. I hate Belichick even more.
I can only imagine how much it costs to hire the Stones to play at a private event. :oops:
Is this a 2021 version of Jeff Spicoli blowing the 'saving Brooke Shields from drowning' money on hiring Van Halen to play at his birthday party? :LOL:

Juniper

Gold Member
I don’t think that was the case. I heard a news story saying it was a Covid matter why they couldn’t attend. Is that not true?

Oh yeah, covid of course plays a massive impact. After you factor in forced isolation issues there would be a chance they would be denied entry back into America.

For a band of their power and stature I'm sure they would have been ok. Movie stars are jetting all over the world now, for example.

Obviously there's a risk involved and maybe they decided against that but personally speaking if someone I was in a band with for around 60 years died there's no chance I would miss their funeral.

Sod the money and even the tour, your friends and family are more important.

Money talks though, I guess. But that's just my personal opinion.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Oh yeah, covid of course plays a massive impact. After you factor in forced isolation issues there would be a chance they would be denied entry back into America.

For a band of their power and stature I'm sure they would have been ok. Movie stars are jetting all over the world now, for example.

Obviously there's a risk involved and maybe they decided against that but personally speaking if someone I was in a band with for around 60 years died there's no chance I would miss their funeral.

Sod the money and even the tour, your friends and family are more important.

Money talks though, I guess. But that's just my personal opinion.
I would hope it wasn’t $$$ that kept them from a funeral. I think they know that we know they have enough of it 😕

PaisteGuy

As much as I respect and admire Steve Jordan, it does sound like a tribute band. The Stones don’t need the money and should call it quits.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
To me is pretty cheap and typically internet-forum-drama (with that “lets hope was worth”-crap) to assume that they skipped the funeral of Watts for a few bucks..

The story is..: covid restrictions..

Unless someone here is Jaggers personaI assistant or manager or favorite dining mate and therefore knows more, i have no reason to doubt that..

Juniper

Gold Member
I would hope it wasn’t $$$ that kept them from a funeral. I think they know that we know they have enough of it 😕

Just me being judgemental, only they know the facts after all.

I was forced to miss a bandmates funeral due to covid (last summer when I wasn't allowed to attend by law) so I'm just being salty to them.

Something about the tour going ahead so soon after his death just doesn't sit right with me, especially opening for a private party for the Kraft family that would be all about the money.

Juniper

Gold Member
To me is pretty cheap and typically internet-forum-drama (with that “lets hope was worth”-crap) to assume that they skipped the funeral of Watts for a few bucks..

The story is..: covid restrictions..

Unless someone here is Jaggers personaI assistant or manager or favorite dining mate and therefore knows more, i have no reason to doubt that

I'll post what I like, thank you very much and I explained (my personal reason) in my post above.

Thanks for your input.

organworthyplayer337

As someone with no skin in the game (not a stones fan or a hater, never given them too much thought), I don't understand how COVID restrictions would keep you from going to a band member's funeral, but not from playing shows/doing tours?

If there were restrictions (attendance limit) by the funeral's venue; how the hell would the band NOT get on the list before it filled up

That doesn't make a ton of sense, but maybe it was a travel thing and they somehow got restricted from flying. Who knows...