Stolen DW Collectors in Black Ice!! Be aware!

davelarue

Stolen DW Collectors in Black Ice!! FOUND!!! :) :)

****** EDIT: These are now FOUND!********

These drums were stolen from me in transport between Boston and New York City. Probably in the area, if not sold of to somewhere else. If you have recently bought the same kit, it might have been stolen....so please contact me. I am willing to pay to get it back.

Details of the drums: 24". 18", 13" in Black Ice wrap. Hardware is all satin. Bassdrum claws might have been replaced to standard chrome. Matching Serial Numbers are: -

I am assuming DW didn't make that many of these, so if you are playing this kit, please let me know. I am missing them!

And, if you are reluctant to contact me about them, keep in mind that your timing will be off for the rest of your playing days! ;)

See attached image.

Last edited:
Really blows man, sorry to hear that.

I'm in boston and I watch surrounding craigslist daily so I'll definitely keep my eye's open.

Good luck!!!

Weeeird just saw a black ice 24x18 18x16 and 13x8 forsale in AZ with SKB cases a few days ago. haha kinda far but still. How long ago were they stolen?

It's terrible people feel the need to do junk like this. I do hope you recover them in time.

Thanks guys. It sucks bigtime. It happened in August, 2011, so still some months ago. I have been trying to track them down these last months, without success.

The kit was shipped down from Boston to New York using Jetcarrier, where they were to go overseas (i moved, taking the drums with me). Unfortunately, i didn't opt for insurance (which i should have done), so getting something back is really hard...and it looks like i'm not getting anything.

I removed the bassdrum claws, tension screws, and packed them really well before shipping.
But, that didn't stop someone from taking these.

I guess they could be anywhere in the US by now. So, if you are buying this configuration chances are they could be stolen.

Anyway, i saved up for another kit...and got a Yamaha maple custom which is great too ;)

Was there no implied insurance or basic insurance at all? Seems they lost your stuff they are still liable. But hey I'm not Judge Judy.

Was there no implied insurance or basic insurance at all? Seems they lost your stuff they are still liable. But hey I'm not Judge Judy.

I agree with Gruntersday here. Seems ridiculous that they can just lose your stuff and not be on the hook for any of it. It isn't like the package showed up and your stuff was busted up and they can't determine if it was busted up by you or by shipping. That would be different. But you never got the package? How the heck can they not be liable for any of it?

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Terrible. You have a good attitude and I hope that continues to serve you well. Life is too short to fret so much even though what happened to you certainly sucks.

+ 1.That insurance is for damages I think.If they lose your stuff.I believe they have to pay fair market value to replace it.Thats like you pay to have something shipped,and instead of shipping the item...they just lose it and say ooooops sorry?There's no financial restitution here?That just doesn't make sense.

Steve B

Thanks for the support guys. I'v been on the company's neck for a while, trying to get compensation....without success.
I guess the whole story will make things more clear:) I wanted my car in Boston shipped out with me when i moved overseas. So, i thought why not just ship the drums with the car....to save money. I packed the drums really well, and even secured them with a chain and a fat lock. Everything looked good when the shipping guys picked the car (with the drums inside) up in Boston, but i found out that the car did not have anything in it when it was shipped out from New York. So, either it was the truck driver...or the guys at the docks who took them.
The company claims not to be reliable for anything inside the car...only the actual car is insured. This is also stated in their shipping policy....which i stupidly didn't read.
When i enquired about the drums, they told me that they had tried to find out who could have taken them...without success.
I filed a claim against them, but they rejected it stating their policy about stuff in the car.

So, i guess it was my own stupidity really...trying to save money...and trusting people not take my stuff.

Lessons learned: Don't leave your drums in a car....especially when shipping it out!

But...no worries...i'v cried enough about it, and bought myself a Yamaha.
I guess one side of me is still hoping that the kit is out there.....and that the guy who took them will see this...and be cool enough to contact me. No hard feelings....just want my drums back.

These drums were stolen from me in transport between Boston and New York City. Probably in the area, if not sold of to somewhere else. If you have recently bought the same kit, it might have been stolen....so please contact me. I am willing to pay to get it back.

Details of the drums: 24". 18", 13" in Black Ice wrap. Hardware is all satin. Bassdrum claws might have been replaced to standard chrome.

I am assuming DW didn't make that many of these, so if you are playing this kit, please let me know. I am missing them!

And, if you are reluctant to contact me about them, keep in mind that your timing will be off for the rest of your playing days! ;)

See attached image.

So sorry to hear. Do you have a better photograph?

Start doing Google searches for this by the hour.

So, i guess it was my own stupidity really...trying to save money...and trusting people not take my stuff.

Lessons learned: Don't leave your drums in a car....especially when shipping it out!

Yep. SURE, man, you had a couple Fabergé eggs in there too, right? You cannot respond for what you weren't even aware was there in the first place. Of course they aren't liable.

I'm sorry for what happened to you though; Hopefully you won't make the same mistake again tryin' to save a couple bucks.

Fox.

Very sorry to hear this.

Rest assured. Karma is REAL. In this life and the NEXT!

I guarantee whoever took these drums will wish they hadn't.

Karma is real ! To the guy who took it: Your timing will always be annoyingly off....so make a choice...either get your timing back and make a guy happy, or play drums crappy forever :D And if you decide to give 'em back, i'll only be happy about it.....no other hard feelings.

I would bet real money,that they were stolen to sell,not to play.You're thinking like a drummer,which the perp is probably not.The universe will pay this back,three fold.As long as you learned a lesson here is the important part,or the lesson will be repeated till you do....thats just universal law.Good luck ;)

Steve B

Here is the latest: Got info from GuitarCenter that the Serial numbers for these drums are: . Its probably just the digits that are on the drums :)

Last edited:
Back