Stolen Drums

Was the side of the road by a house? Was it bulk and metal pick-up?
If not, I suspect a wife / girlfriend, or both.
No rude boy to ya, mon!

I didn't do it. I only swipe Pearl kits.
Carl Bruno was, maybe still?, a division of Pearl.
I do have a soft spot for these as the luan shelled CB700 in silver flash was my first kit. This looks like an early luan Pearl era CB kit.

Nonetheless the individual is very noble to do this. I wonder the story behind the drums winding up where they did, but it’d probably make me feel bad.

Was the side of the road by a house? Was it bulk and metal pick-up?
If not, I suspect a wife / girlfriend, or both.
No rude boy to ya, mon!
Not sure. Harris Community Road is an old farm road with a newer development at either end. Coulda been dumped in between the two.

My wife showed me this:

View attachment 106777
I wonder if someone got frustrated, or a significant other got sick of them. If they were left on the side of the road, are they really stolen? If left unclaimed, maybe I can adopt them.

My bet is on a remorseful thief having second thoughts.

"Proof of Ownership is Required" yet another good reason to have all your gear inventoried, photographed, or marked in some way for identification purposes. To place an insurance claim or in this case reclamation from law enforcement.

Last edited:
Are they sure the set didn't just up and leave the person that was beating on them?

<<humor in no way mitigates the ugliness of domestic violence, of course...but hopefully gets conversations moving...maybe not here...but hopefully somewhere>>

Last edited:
So close to being funny...
Ya know?..ever post something and moments later think damn..i could have worded that better. In this case a bit less aggressive?. Something closer to..honey?..have you put my drums somewhere?..to the answer of WHY don't you ask your girlfriend!. Or something closer. I've got post remorse quite often. Can you edit posts once you post reply?. I'd be the edit king!.

Can you edit posts once you post reply?. I'd be the edit king!.
Absolutely. Bottom left of the post, three dots and an arrow, edit lives in there.
20210729_202524.jpg
That's what you are looking for. Just click on it.

Back