Still Into You - Paramore

danondrums

Nicely done! Your time is quite nice.

Since you asked for feedback, my only nitpicking would be on your grip, and it’s minor. I’m guessing your self-taught as you’re using a closed grip (no open space on hand at your fulcrum). You’ll be able to gain a lot of speed and relaxation by learning the free stroke and then Moeller which will allow you to use much more of the rebound energy of the stick.

Really nice playing though. Bandmates will be happy to have you driving their rhythm.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
Looks like you're resting your left hand on your leg between strokes. BAD HABIT!!!! Both hand should float over the drum set. Raise the snare some. Also look at the balance of power between both of your arms. Your right is hitting way harder. On rock tunes it's the left that needs to be heard. Back Beat! Overall great job! Keep doing what you're doing!!

Robsoni

Nicely done! Your time is quite nice.

Since you asked for feedback, my only nitpicking would be on your grip, and it’s minor. I’m guessing your self-taught as you’re using a closed grip (no open space on hand at your fulcrum). You’ll be able to gain a lot of speed and relaxation by learning the free stroke and then Moeller which will allow you to use much more of the rebound energy of the stick.

Really nice playing though. Bandmates will be happy to have you driving their rhythm.
Thanks! I really appreciate the tips! I'll have to go google that Moeller thing :)

Robsoni

Looks like you're resting your left hand on your leg between strokes. BAD HABIT!!!! Both hand should float over the drum set. Raise the snare some. Also look at the balance of power between both of your arms. Your right is hitting way harder. On rock tunes it's the left that needs to be heard. Back Beat! Overall great job! Keep doing what you're doing!!
I never realized this, thanks - I'll try to pay attention to these as well.

danondrums

Thanks! I really appreciate the tips! I'll have to go google that Moeller thing :)
I think it’s really important to start with the free stroke. And a teacher is much better than google for things that involve so much physics in technique. Good luck!