Stick it to MS 2011 - Drummers Wanted

princey77

Hello all.

Once again the UK will rumble to the sound of hundreds of drummers as we try to beat a our world record of 582 drummers all playing together at the same time.

We have a new website and we need you to join us!!

www.stickittoms.com

Hope to see you there.

Rick

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Great cause. Hope you smash the record and raise plenty, mate.

Timely thread. I have a good mate who's sister had this terrible disease. Sadly, this past Friday, she decided she couldn't bare it any longer and took her own life, leaving behind a husband and two young children. A horrible situation for all involved.

Here's hoping your contribution goes some way to finding a cure to this dreadful condition. Best of luck with your record attempt.

princey77

Great cause. Hope you smash the record and raise plenty, mate.

Timely thread. I have a good mate who's sister had this terrible disease. Sadly, this past Friday, she decided she couldn't bare it any longer and took her own life, leaving behind a husband and two young children. A horrible situation for all involved.

Here's hoping your contribution goes some way to finding a cure to this dreadful condition. Best of luck with your record attempt.

I am very sorry to hear about your mates sister that is very sad news.

We'll do our best again. 2 years ago we raised over £66,000 and I know that that money has gone in to research of the condition. My mum has suffered with MS for over 30 years now and for the past 20 has had to manage on her own as my dad died of a heart attack aged 53 (doesn't look good for me does it??). It is a hard condition to live with and if we can do our bit to try and help raise funds and awareness.

Doing this kind of event is great fun and it is a fantastic spectacle and what better way to get loud about a charity than 130dB of pure DRUMMING!

Please pass on my condolences to your friend and let him know that there are a bunch of drummers in England doing their bit.

Rick

W

Woz.275

Yep me to, just registerd also..

Last edited:

princey77

Thank you to those of you that have created accounts on the Stick it site.

We still need loads more to join up. keep spreading the word.

Cheers

Rick

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Count me in, depending on date (& to some extent, location). My son plays too, so KIS x2!

Neil

I was expecting to get an e-mail confirming my registration but not received anything as yet?

princey77

Does it have to be live? I live in America and would like to participate via Skype if it would be allowed.
Jeremy We will try and stream the event live as we did last time. you can play along if you wish but it won't count I'm afraid

You should check out the big beat in the US 19 cities participated last November and it is an annual event.

Check out Donn Bennetts site for more details

http://www.bennettdrums.com/woodstick.php

one day we'll all link via the internet!!

princey77

I was expecting to get an e-mail confirming my registration but not received anything as yet?
Hi Neil

Check your junk mail folder as the activation email sometimes gets filtered out.

If you struggle send us an email via the contact page and we can manually activate your account.

Cheers

Rick