Stick Grip?

piperdoog

Silver Member
Hello I was curious if any of you knew of a product that you could dip the end of your drum stick into that would dry and leave you with a grip on it, such as the grip tape etc.
I know you can buy sticks that have it on it for a price, but was curious if there was a cheap product out there at say Home Depot etc....

Thanks.

I reccomend Vater's Nude series.

In my opinion wraps, dips, and all that mess interfere with the balance of the stick. And I would never touch a pair of drum gloves.

I used to have a real issue with stick slips because I sweat A LOT when I play, and my hands always get wet with it. Vater's Nudes have no laquer. They're just natural sanded sticks, so you can keep a tight efficient grip on them.

They take some getting used to, because the rough wood is rough on your skin.

Hello I was curious if any of you knew of a product that you could dip the end of your drum stick into that would dry and leave you with a grip on it, such as the grip tape etc.
I know you can buy sticks that have it on it for a price, but was curious if there was a cheap product out there at say Home Depot etc....

Thanks.

This is gonna make me sound reaaaal cheap but I just wrapped my own in electric tape. Not the most comfortable tape but it was better than playing with bare sticks. Now I just play with the bare. Dip on the dipped sticks i had always wore away and so did the grip tape. So I eventually quit wasting money and just played em bare or with the electric tape.

You could always try a can of Stick Grip. I have used it and it does work, although you need to reapply fairly often.

http://www.groovejuiceinc.com/products/groove-juice-drum-stick-grip/

stickgrip_med.jpg

Another vote for Cater non laquered sticks, but Sex Wax do a drum stick wax. Out of interest how are you holding your sticks, palm down?

Back