'Stick Control' w/feet question

schist

Silver Member
Hi again,

I'm in the process of playing through each page of George Stone's Stick Control with my feet heel-down (8ths @ 60BPM atm) to improve my foot control. 2 days from now, I will be onto page 12, with the open buzz roll exercises.

My question is, how would I go about playing these sections? (for anyone else who has used Stick Control on their feet). Coz obviously you can't play buzz rolls with your feet as far as I know ...

Boomka

Platinum Member
Hi again,

I'm in the process of playing through each page of George Stone's Stick Control with my feet heel-down (8ths @ 60BPM atm) to improve my foot control. 2 days from now, I will be onto page 12, with the open buzz roll exercises.

My question is, how would I go about playing these sections? (for anyone else who has used Stick Control on their feet). Coz obviously you can't play buzz rolls with your feet as far as I know ...
You could play them as double-stroke rolls using one of the various techniques for playing doubles on a pedal - i.e. heel-toe/toe-heel swivel, slide, constant release, etc.

Or, you could simply scratch that exercise from the list as not applicable and move on to something that is.