Steve Weiss music?

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I'd like to hear from folks here who have ordered there. Good or bad...what was your experience? Their prices are outta sight, so I'd prefer to go there first for a snare I'm after...but only if they're reliable.

Thanks!

I've ordered from them for years. No problems whatsoever. Great service and fast.

I've ordered from them for years. No problems whatsoever. Great service and fast.

Thanks! They've got the snare I'm after priced about $60 what everyone else (including GC) has it listed for. Some of the prices I'm seeing made me a little suspicious. ;)

I started buying older books and videos from them simply because no one else could get them, or in some cases, didn't want to try to get them. I then started buying percussion gear, sticks and a few cymbals. They've been good to me.

I ordered from Weiss all throughout college and a few times since. I order by phone, and have ordered directly from Steve himself on several occasions. He's got kind of a coarse attitude and always sounds like he is trying to rush your order and get you off the phone. I guess that comes from taking orders all day. Great prices and selection, though.

Amazingly fast shipping. Usually gets to me in VA in two days or less. Great for books, videos, and classical percussion. Their low prices come from dealing in quantity. They have a huge warehouse of equipment that is ready to ship - great when buying something for a school such as a marimba or set of tympani.

Check out the Steve Weiss brand stuff as well. They have stick bags for $6.95 and cymbal bags for $10.

http://www.steveweissmusic.com/category/weiss/a

Jeff

Last edited:
So the big question for me...which drum are you getting? ; - )

spleen

I'm after a 14x6.5" Pearl Sensitone Elite aluminum...can't wait!

AND...thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback on Steve Weiss. I've have no reservations about ordering now.

Back