Steve Gorman (Black Crowes) gear question

Roy E. Munson

What kind of drums are these? I saw the crowes the other day and was wondering...Also he was definitely playing Paiste GB's and 2002's. I thought he was Ludwig and Zildjian for life. Anyways, amazing drummer, and completely underrated.

Attachments

steadypocket

Gold Member
Re: Steve Gorman black crowes drummer question?

Underrated indeed. He's a terrific player. When I saw him a couple years ago, I was struck by how easily he grabbed another stick when one broke, or dropped. Seamless, without missing a stroke. If I recall correctly, he played Ludwig when I saw him. This is obviously something different

Redbeard

Thanks for the link, delrey. Steve is one of my favorites also, and I was shocked to see him go away from Ludwig (and now Zildjian).

brady

Platinum Member
Thanks for the link, delrey. Steve is one of my favorites also, and I was shocked to see him go away from Ludwig (and now Zildjian).
No kidding.

I wonder what made him change. Paiste and Sugar must be doing something really special to make him switch after being with the other guys for so long.

shemp

Silver Member
I have either a Modern Drummer or Drum! Mag where Sugar Percussion is mentioned in an interview with him. Aside from the gear this guy is a fantastic rhythm machine...