Steve Gadd - One Point Five - Groove Analysis

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Nice lesson. Hey Alain I'm a big Chick Corea fan and also Frank Gambale on guitar. I recollect seeing some videos of Gambale playing with an "Alain Rider" is that you? So many people have same name I have to ask.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I looked again-it is you! Awesome man what a great experience-you guys sound great! Gambale is a fantastic guitarist. You sound like a fantastic drummer too.

Alain Rieder

Silver Member
I looked again-it is you! Awesome man what a great experience-you guys sound great! Gambale is a fantastic guitarist. You sound like a fantastic drummer too.
Thanks a lot, yes that's me and that was a great experience. I've played with Frank Gambale on a few occasions between 1988 and 1992, and yes that was very cool.
I have been invited backstage or at soundcheck for a few Chick Corea concerts as well, and that was a very good experience too. At Montreux 2004, maybe you know the DVD, the soundcheck lasted about two hours, and they played a concert that lasted about three hours in two sets.
I was about to have the pleasure to see Frank again in a few days, but his tour has just been cancelled because of Coronavirus...

Here is a playlist of me with Frank Gambale:

rhumbagirl

Thanks a lot, yes that's me and that was a great experience. I've played with Frank Gambale on a few occasions between 1988 and 1992, and yes that was very cool.
I have been invited backstage or at soundcheck for a few Chick Corea concerts as well, and that was a very good experience too. At Montreux 2004, maybe you know the DVD, the soundcheck lasted about two hours, and they played a concert that lasted about three hours in two sets.
I was about to have the pleasure to see Frank again in a few days, but his tour has just been cancelled because of Coronavirus...

Here is a playlist of me with Frank Gambale:
Nice playing Alan! Almost 30 yrs belated though LOL

This is my favorite drumming style by the way..

Alain Rieder

Silver Member
Nice playing Alan! Almost 30 yrs belated though LOL

This is my favorite drumming style by the way..
Thanks rhmbagirl! Yes, 28 years you're right, my son is going to be 30 and that's unbelievable.
That's also why I'm more experienced and I feel I'm better now ;-)