Steve Gadd at the Shalin Liu, Rockport, MA

JohnW

Silver Member
A quarter mile from my house. Almost every night there's some World Class performance. Dweezil Zappa, Eddie Gomez, Christian McBride, Lisa Fischer (who sang on 'Gimme Shelter and was out of this world great!), Judy Collins- Classical Chamber Greats. It was built on condition the community gets to use it. My son has played there over a dozen times on string bass with his middle & high school orchestra and jazz bands. We're just walking from my house. Pretty darn cool. Pictures to follow.

Tomorrow night it is:

Mika Stolzman on vibes, Steve Gadd and his son Duke on drums. Mika's dad Richard on clarinet. He's one of the greatest clarinetists and his mom lives in Gloucester, the next town over:
http://rockportmusic.org/mikarimiba/

Freakin' Steve Gadd in my home town!!!!

Attachments

8Mile

Platinum Member
That's crazy cool, man. What a ridiculously-picturesque setting that is. Wow. I'd be inspired playing there just by the atmosphere.

A detailed review of the show is expected!

JohnW

Silver Member
That's crazy cool, man. What a ridiculously-picturesque setting that is. Wow. I'd be inspired playing there just by the atmosphere.

A detailed review of the show is expected!
Mart61- I'm glad you like the town. Sometime we take it for granted until someone points it out to us!

It was Awesome! The whole band is so talented and I'm sure it's tough being a drummer when Gadd is your last name. But Steve's son Duke can throw it down.

My wife has a picture of me with Steve on her camera and I have a short video I'll try to post later. But what a show- Started with Take the A-Train and then a whole bunch of originals. The finale was 50 Ways, with Richard Stoltzman playing the vocal part on clarinet and Mika Stoltzman doing some of the melody on marimba.

Attachments

Last edited:

iwantmemoney

What an incredible venue☆☆☆☆☆
Just saw Steve play with James Taylor in Fenway Park, which I did write about. World-Class. Would love to see him in a smaller venue like this(not that this is small haha).

Otto

Platinum Member
What a beautiful venue for such great musicians!

I'd take playing there over a stadium any day!