Stagg?????

heroisthee

I resently came across stagg cymbals. i was thinking about getting a small endorcement by them. Are they descent???

They are Chinese made cymbals, somewhat similar to Wuhan but with a greater variety of sizes and models. They are completely hand made and as such they are very inconsistent and not exceptionally durable, but if you can pick and choose through a big selection of them, you are bound to find some very good cymbals. Casey Grillo, the drummer from the power metal band Kamelot is endorsed by Stagg and his cymbals sound really good.

I resently came across stagg cymbals. i was thinking about getting a small endorcement by them. Are they descent???

Decent, and are you someone that will give them a name? Do you play in a band with enough familiarity that Stagg would benefit from you being endorsed.???

Casey Grillo, the drummer from the power metal band Kamelot is endorsed by Stagg and his cymbals sound really good.

Not anymore. Last time I talked to him, he signed an endorsement deal with Zildjian about a year ago or so.

Anyway, as far as Stagg's go, I haven't had a chance to play too many of them, but the ones that I have heard and sampled weren't that bad. I remember them having a very quick and trashy sound.

I own a Stagg DH 15" Brilliant Crash and the comments from another poster are correct where you have to listen to them individually as they can be totally different ot each other. This is probably due to them being hand made/hammered. I compared 3 of the same model/size in the shop and there is a difference. My other cymbals are Sabian AAs and I only bought this as it was cheap (£52.00) as I was looking for a additional bright sounding cymbal. This has quite some sustain to it and very loud for a 15". So if you buy cymbals for their sound quality and not for logo of the big 3 then don't discount the Stagg DH range (not sure about the SH range though), you'll find some gems in there.

thanks
but yeah my band is on a small label in nc called tragic hero records and i have other small endorcements with silver fox drum sticks and im working my way with mapex and im endorced with drum heads free of charge by a local music store. All i need is a cymbal endorcement and then ill be set.
but thanks.
Lilly

If I may ask though, are you looking for a cymbal endorsement with Stagg because you believe in their product, or simply because you're looking to get free stuff? If you're doing it because you believe in the product then by all means, go for the endorsement. But if you're looking to just get free stuff out of the deal, then you're doing it for all the wrong reasons. When companies endorse an artist, they look for people who they can build relationships with and at the same time, help make a name for their product. They aren't going to give an endorsement out to somebody who could care less about what they offer as long as he gets free stuff out of the deal.

My advice would be to find a dealer close to you who carries them and try the cymbals out for yourself. If you like them, then great. Submit the press packet to them and try to sign a deal with Stagg. If not, then turn around and keep looking. There's only so much that we can tell you about them here. The rest is up to you to determine for yourself.

Mine are really bad. Maybe when I buy them I wasn't experiment and I just picked up the pack that the man at my shop give me. But I suppose that if you take the time to try them, you'll probably find something good FOR THE PRICE.

I have heard both good and bad about them and the ones that I have tried I was not too thrilled with, but as one suggested GO listen to several and get a feel for their sound.

In my opinion they are great! I am 14/15 and so livin off paperround money (£30 a week) so gettin top end stuff is sorta hard and partin with a lot of cash at once aint nice lol :p but i have 14'' DH medium hats
16'' DH rock crash
10'' SH splash

and they are mint!!!

The guy in the shop put the hats next to a pair of Sabian paragons and he just smiled and said ''bloody hell, the first decent thing outta china'' hahahaa gotta love 'em.

And they were cheap and sound fantastic...

the best thing to do is go and listen to them for yourself...dont listen to much to wat people say about sound...web samples sound completely different from reality..

Hope that helped :D

Sorry for the extra post :S

But...do not get anything SH other than splashes..they are really quite trashy and 'clangy' in a way but my splash is wicked haha :p

Back