STAGG cymbals (lolz)

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
I was in a drum shop today where they had an extensive selection of stagg cymbals. Yeah i know what you're thinking. But honestly, the higher end lines like the Double Hammered and the Myra lines actually sound pretty good. I mean obviously not as good as the real expensive zildjian cymbals, but certainly a hell of a lot better than the Z3s lolz and considering you can get up to an 18" crash for less than 100 notes i think is pretty good value really. I know you're probably thinking crap quality, it'll crack and all that but to be honest i think cracking cymbals has a lot more to do with the drummer rather than the cymbal.

ENRICO

Silver Member
I was in a drum shop today where they had an extensive selection of stagg cymbals. Yeah i know what you're thinking. But honestly, the higher end lines like the Double Hammered and the Myra lines actually sound pretty good. I mean obviously not as good as the real expensive zildjian cymbals, but certainly a hell of a lot better than the Z3s lolz and considering you can get up to an 18" crash for less than 100 notes i think is pretty good value really. I know you're probably thinking crap quality, it'll crack and all that but to be honest i think cracking cymbals has a lot more to do with the drummer rather than the cymbal.
I have a 20" dh ride crash , and I wouldn't change it for any zildjian . staggs are vey inconsistent some really suck and some are excelent , this doesn't mean that staggs are bab , this mean that you must try a few before you find a good one

by the way , try the sh hihats , they are really good , they sound like a zildjian , but a little more complex

M

mediocrefunkybeat

If any cymbal fulfils the need you ask of it, the brand is irrelevant. I like listening to all types of cymbals and overriding brand loyalty never comes into it.

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
I have a 20" dh ride crash , and I wouldn't change it for any zildjian . staggs are vey inconsistent some really suck and some are excelent , this doesn't mean that staggs are bab , this mean that you must try a few before you find a good one

by the way , try the sh hihats , they are really good , they sound like a zildjian , but a little more complex
Well this is what i did do today. A couple of the crashes i thought were a real contender to replace my ZBT crash.

Fox622003

Gold Member
You obviously didn't listen to enough Stagg cymbals. Some are definitely at the same level of ANY cymbal from any company. I have a 17" Furia Crash, the best crash I've ever heard, very versatile, too. And I've had mine for a while, and not even a dent on the real thin splashes. Also, they run with the advantage that your set is going to be unique, no two cymbals sound the same. It's not all too great that most Zildjian K hats sound very similar, as good as they are, too many use them, and it's boring to have the same sound as everybody else. My 6 Stagg cymbals ran cheaper than what a Zildjian K Ride costs over here, also.
These cymbals have many applications, and if you know how to pick, you can easily find a dark and complex jazz cymbal, or whatever else you might be looking for.

Fox.