Stage names....

"Nice drum solo from our sticksman, give it up for Captain Bippy Bappy!!" ....ugh! j/k..

"Nice drum solo from our sticksman, give it up for Captain Bippy Bappy!!" ....ugh! j/k..
nice one

In my surf band we all have stage names, all sea related; mine is The Dune, we also have Swell, Noserider and Hannah Lulu. We also take to each gig a box of grass skirts, but no audience member has yet to put one on.

Which also reminds me that in one band I was in we had a band condom that lived in one of the flight cases, just in case any of us got lucky... After ten years of it never being opened we decided that it might be best if we just got rid of it.

Might better be the subject on a new thread...but why have a stage name?

Doesn't reduce fraud...after all, we all know the real names of the people using fake ones once they become truly fraud worthy...

Marketing?....I find this dubious....

other than for the fun of it...???(not that it isn't a valid answer)

Apparently mine is Quit Rushing,have no idea where they come up with it,I never told anyone, but the last 3 bands I have been in have all called me that.

Might better be the subject on a new thread...but why have a stage name?

I think having a stage name allows for a degree of anonymity from the stage persona. And for many, it might be a more comfortable fit than the name the person might have been saddled with in real life.

SquadLeader said:
Mmmbop was a great song !!

If you only knew how many [fortunately] clueless hotel desk clerks would say that stuff right before giving the comps and free wifi....if they only took two seconds to google Hansen they'd realize the sweating, drooling, near-toothless old men standing in front of them couldn't form the word "Mmmbop" if they had a week to practice....
I'll take that any day of the week.

Sometimes they call me Electric Larry, and in the 80's I was called Larry Lovetrain, but mainly, they call me.

Vel Dink. How sad. I regret purchasing the hipster glasses. Fully regret. Curse my non 20/20 vision!

I'm old, my name is John and like to drink scotch so, I'm goin with Johnny Walker

220.jpg
41-ZNZtyZDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back