Split a snare head for the first time..

Icetech

Gold Member
So.. recently i bought an aquarian American vintage (i have a stave snare that's slightly oversize) and fell in love with it. ended up on my rogers dyna..

Last night i was playing and went to start another song and the head had split along the bearing edge.. I have never had a head split. and i have been using aquarian for over a year now and haven't had one issue.. love them soo much

The main reason for this post though is just to share what a good company they are.. I emailed them this morning with a picture, just to ask if that line has any known issues before i order a new one.. flukes happen and i got this back in less than 10 minutes.

"Thank you for the email and notification. I’m sorry to hear about your recent experience with the VTC-M14. It shouldn’t have split along the edge like that and certainly not within a two week time frame. Please send me your name and address and I’ll be happy to send you a replacement VTC-M14. We apologize for any inconvenience. We’ve got you covered though.

Sincerely,

Chris Brady"

People always complain when a company does them wrong.. i just wanted to share this cause it made my day :) Nothing better than guys standing behind their product.

trickg

Silver Member
I recently had an Aquarian snare head split along the bearing edge too, but I attributed it to the fact that the head had been on that snare for a LOOOOONG time (I date the top of the head in an inconspicuous place) and I had been doing this thing where I was playing a lot of rim clicks while practicing a song where the time is being maintained with rim clicks rather than hats or ride.

In any case, I agree - my go-to head for snare is the plain old Aquarian texture coated single ply head. It just seems to work really well. The unfortunate thing is that when I went to replace the head, the two Guitar Centers I went to had almost nothing in stock for Aquarian - lots of Evans and Remo, but nothing else.

Icetech

Gold Member
I recently had an Aquarian snare head split along the bearing edge too, but I attributed it to the fact that the head had been on that snare for a LOOOOONG time (I date the top of the head in an inconspicuous place) and I had been doing this thing where I was playing a lot of rim clicks while practicing a song where the time is being maintained with rim clicks rather than hats or ride.

In any case, I agree - my go-to head for snare is the plain old Aquarian texture coated single ply head. It just seems to work really well. The unfortunate thing is that when I went to replace the head, the two Guitar Centers I went to had almost nothing in stock for Aquarian - lots of Evans and Remo, but nothing else.

I tend to order from sam ash.. through amazon.. it's cheaper and they have it in stock, every store around me treats aquarian like a pariah.. and they are my favorite heads..

Icetech

Gold Member
So.. fedex showed up, AQ sent me 2 replacement heads instead of just one :) Love a company like that :)

Icetech

Gold Member
Good on them! Sounds like a solid company. :)

yeah.. i bought the american vintage cause my stave snare swelled up and a normal head wouldn't fit... I ended up with it on my rogers though and am totally in love with them.. hated the modern vintage 2.. was too dead. this is just right :)

P.S. i bought new rogers wires for my snare about 6 months ago and it has had 4 wires just break or come out of the solder... i emailed them and they were out of rogers but sent me some fat cats, just showed up a few minutes ago.. customer service is #1 to me.. i gladly support companies that take care of issues:)