Splash placement pics

A-customs

Silver Member
Would love 2 see where and how you all put your splash pies.Im looking to add a few different spashes into my lineup Thanks in advance..

simmsdn

Silver Member
Let of hi hat is an 8", right of it is a 10" (with the 6.5" ZilBel on top/inverted). Above 19" China is another 8" splash.

Keeps them in a handy place for me.

Attachments

A

audiotech

I usually have one larger splash in front of me with one or two smaller splashes to my right side, but things vary. A lot of times I work with just one depending on the set up.

Dennis

alparrott

Platinum Member
Usually my splashes are to my left front near the hi-hat and rack toms. The exception being for a short while where I had one to the front right over the ride. I never was comfy with that, though.

Attachments

Terrence R

Silver Member
I have my AAX xplosion 11" splash very close to my hats. I'm craving a new 10" tho, and possibly an 8". I'll prob go with A customs.

Terrence R

Silver Member
I have my AAX xplosion 11" splash very close to my hats. I'm craving a new 10" tho, and possibly an 8". I'll prob go with A customs.

Attachments

gaz farrimond

On the Beech Custom rehearsal kit. A chopper with splash above it immediately to the right of the hihat. Then one in front.

The Oak Custom live kit, I use a splash out front, and one under the hihat. (Second pic)

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
I don't have pics at the moment (sorry) but I have my dark splash about 10" above and 10" to the right of my dark hats. Good place for a quick accent. KLLLSSHHHH

I'll see if I can post a pic later. I have other splashes but not enough stands to support them.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I always put my splash over the rack tom.
I copied the location from watching the big guns like Gene and Buddy when I was a kid.
I moved it slightly more to the left from where they had theirs.

Attachments

PacifRick

I place mine very similar to Xero's. I tried placing a splash on a hi hiat clutch on my hi hat stand, but I kept inadvertently hitting it while playing my hats. I could get used to it being there, but I didn't really feel comfortable.