Special Bubinga

I was at Century Mill Lumber at the right moment. They got in a load of Bubinga and only one board was like this. It sold for big money, and I got the live edge cut offs. (only $28!!!) The Lumber shop owner said he has never ever seen Spalted Bubinga, so I am thinking it is very rare.

Getting all the holes and defects filled for a smooth gloss finish while keeping the holey ratty effect was quite the process. Mostly used crazy glue/black paint mixture, and the traditional carpenter/sawdust technique, but mixing black paint into that as well.

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous! I love the sound, too. You must be chuffed to bits with that beauty.

The tone of that drums really tics my boxes. Beautiful work man. The lugs are something. The whole drum is something. Great tone. Much respect.

Are you keeping it or selling?

That is BEAUTIFUL!.........

The tone of that drums really tics my boxes. Beautiful work man. The lugs are something. The whole drum is something. Great tone. Much respect.

Are you keeping it or selling?

Thank You. For now I am keeping it. I have a fellow builder who has offered to buy if I Name a price. I put so much time into this build, and this wood is so rare I doubt I can repeat it, So I want to cling on to it a while before I let it go.

Back