Sounds Like a Drum hack, at the gig…

• Thread starter Deleted member 526375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 526375

Did the cut up t-shirt attached to opposing lug hardware inside my main giggin’ floor tom. Shirt isn’t touching either head, so they’re both doing their thing au natural. The material soaks up the basketball effect nicely. Close mics love it. Thanks for the great series, fellas!

60C1859D-E3D3-45B9-AFE6-2084C67FC0EB.jpeg

Brand-new Giant Beats? If so, how do you like them?

Mr. Jones! Nice to hear from you. I had a set of Giant Beats probably 10 years ago and sold them off, foolishly chasing another anglerfish. Back then, they weren’t “complex” or “trashy” enough for me.

These days, I find myself after a more transparent sound, preferring to let my playing do the talking for me without my instruments adding too much extra color on their own. These Giant Beats afford me that transparency. They just sound great, and blend well into any situation I’m finding myself in. I got the set a few gigs ago.

This particular gig is with a guy from The Voice tv show, so I’m covering everything from old country, to Harry Nilsson, to flat out rockers. Much like your Avedis cymbals, the GBs simply work in all situations. The hi-hats are the gems of the bunch, but they’re all great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much like your Avedis cymbals, the GBs simply work in all situations.
Yup, which is why I was torn between Giant Beats and the Avedis series when exploring a lineup change last year. In the end, the Zildjians won me over, but the race was close. There really is some parity between the two, such as their multiuse classification (i.e., no crashes or rides, just cymbals) and their articulate but warm and washy quality.

Enjoy the transparency.

Last edited:
Back