Sound used with the snare on Billy Squire's Everybody want you?

Do you mean the sound that appears in the 2nd verse? Possibly a Simmons or Syndrum (but more likely a synth) with a filtered white noise setting. It's pretty tight with the snare, so I'd say it's triggered rather than played.

Bermuda

In between the verses and in the call and response, it sounds like a back masking effect. It's actually making noise before the note. As to the rest of the song??? They used a lot of reverse reverb/reverse gate back then.

I wish I could ask the drummer Bobby Chouinard a friend of mine back in the day. Lost him in 1997. Great drummer and nice guy too.

In between the verses and in the call and response, it sounds like a back masking effect. It's actually making noise before the note. As to the rest of the song??? They used a lot of reverse reverb/reverse gate back then.

Definitely backwards reverb on "The Stroke", but I don't hear that in Everybody Wants You...

Definitely backwards reverb on "The Stroke", but I don't hear that in Everybody Wants You...

You are correct. I was going from memory. It's not a back masked snare its some kind reverb and another effect mixed together. It makes the snare sound like really loud clap in the response.

I think I can replicate the sound of the drum set in the "Everybody Wants You" song.

Now where did I put that old First Act drum set I brought for my son.........

I think I can replicate the sound of the drum set in the "Everybody Wants You" song.

I have always thought the same thing. His snare is low,almost loose sounding. Like my first snare.

Don't laugh, it's amazing how unique and great a "cheap" drum sounds under the mic! More than a few pros sneaking old MIJ kits into the studio... shhhh!

Back