Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I had to…

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
My daughter just sent me a pic of her pumpkin. I told her she is going to scare the crap out of all the kids LOL. I don’t know how she carved something like that.IMG_3134.jpeg

Last edited:

roncadillac

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member

A J

these are some good ones from a text thread with my bandmates this weekend

View attachment 126271

View attachment 126272

View attachment 126273

View attachment 126274

I like "guy standing alone at the back of the show." I've seen this many times.

Stands motionless
Glares at everyone
Chicks never talk to him

On breaks, I've struck up brief conversations with these guys. They are always polite; never as unapproachable as their body language would have you think. They're just shy guys trying to pick up chicks but just cant work up the nerve.

Erberderber

Stands motionless
Glares at everyone
Chicks never talk to him

On breaks, I've struck up brief conversations with these guys. They are always polite; never as unapproachable as their body language would have you think. They're just shy guys trying to pick up chicks but just cant work up the nerve.
I've been that guy (no tats though). Usually due to wanting to go to see a band that no-one I know wanted to see. So I just went and concentrated on watching the band and noticing various details of their performance. Picking up chicks was never the goal.

A J

I've been that guy (no tats though). Usually due to wanting to go to see a band that no-one I know wanted to see. So I just went and concentrated on watching the band and noticing various details of their performance. Picking up chicks was never the goal.
Yep. Just between us, I've been "that guy" as well.

Nothing is more uncomfortable to me than being in a crowd in a bar. The stage is fine but stick me in the audience and I'm a freaking Halloween costume! 😧

1 hit wonder

I'm that guy. Socially awkward, too. Not unattractive but way too quiet to trust easily, and I don't smile easily. I was married and faithful, plus not going to clubs for a long time, so I don't have a chick track record. But not married today. It appears today, that the women eventually want to have a try if I stay on the scene long enough. I warn them that I'm a huge disappointment, lol. That might encourage them.

Reactions: A J

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member

Stands motionless
Glares at everyone
Chicks never talk to him

yeah, i am also that guy at gigs as well. I just don't like to yell small talk over the noise to drunk people. My costume would also come with a merch table to hide behind

A J

yeah, i am also that guy at gigs as well. I just don't like to yell small talk over the noise to drunk people. My costume would also come with a merch table to hide behind
Excellent point! It is impossible to have an intelligent conversation in a bar. With all the loud music, loud drunks, TV screens, etc... Having a conversation with someone is kinda like texting. You communicate in short, simple bursts of 1 and 2-syllable words:

Joe: "Cool place, huh?"
Jane: "Yeah. Not bad. Good band. Cheap drinks."
Joe: "Want a beer?"
Jane: "No thanks. Got one."

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Excellent point! It is impossible to have an intelligent conversation in a bar. With all the loud music, loud drunks, TV screens, etc... Having a conversation with someone is kinda like texting. You communicate in short, simple bursts of 1 and 2-syllable words:

Joe: "Cool place, huh?"
Jane: "Yeah. Not bad. Good band. Cheap drinks."
Joe: "Want a beer?"
Jane: "No thanks. Got one."

yeah...wait to talk until the break between bands, or before or after...

and sooooo many people will come up and want to have a full on conversation.