Sonor's New Perfect Balance.

VitalTransformation

Silver Member
I just ordered one from Thomann. No telling how long it will take to get here to Virginia from Europe. I bet it will be worth the wait.

During the Sire Bass Craze (see the TalkBass forum), a lot of Americans ordered their basses from Thomann, as the US supplier was out of stock for a long period. I believe most of them got there within two weeks.

mikyok

Platinum Member
I had the folding up issues with the perfect balance pedal. I now have 2 as Sonor replaced it after some grade A bullshit from the retailer F*CK YOU DRUMSHACK LONDON, nothing wrong with the 2nd but won't gig it just in case.

When they make a pedal that is reliable as my original DW 5000 I'll think about it.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I’m not sure thomann sells to the US. I think my order disappeared, and their website doesn’t have the US listed as an option when you surf to their main page.

rummy

I've ordered a few things from them before. I'm not sure things have changed, but they certainly shipped to me in Illinois.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Turns out the order didn’t go through. Got that dealt with through Thomann customer service, and now the pedal is back-ordered. They said it should ship in just a couple of days, but I’d just be happy if it comes by Christmas.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Well, they finally charged my card again, so that means it has finally shipped. Hoping to get it before Christmas. Really excited about this pedal.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Finally got it. I really like how simple the adjustments are. It’s light, easy to carry (doesn’t have a bunch of sharp corners that can poke you), and plays really easily. So far my fave of my pedals.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
DV129Fh

There are 3 pics, left, right, and overhead.

DV129Fh

https://imgur.com/gallery/DV129Fh

T_Weaves

Silver Member
I love the narrow footprint on those. Really pretty design. Are they stout enough for heavy back beat type playing? I have a pretty heavy right foot.

Last edited:

RickP

Gold Member
I bought the Standard model perfect balance pedal and the action is just as smooth as the original folding model I own. The footboard on the Standard is brushed finish instead of the polished finish of the original model.

I know some people had issues with the original model collapsing ( mostly because of the clamping mechanism not being set properly) but I never experienced this issue .

Matty1977

A while since anyone posted in this thread but I have now had my Standard Perfect Balance for a little over a month and wanted to share my own thoughts.

At first I thought I had made a mistake as the feel is so different to my old (Tama IC Rolling Glide) chain drive pedal and I did not get a chance to play before I bought. However, now I am used to it I think it is an amazing piece of kit and the best drum related purchase I have made in a long time.

I am mainly playing funk, soul and a bit of classic rock and was really heavy footed before moving to the Perfect Balance. It plays like butter but the feel is so linear that it has made me completely revisit my right foot technique for the better

This is not to say that it has fixed my lead foot automatically. I have had to practice a lot and still have a long way to go but the PB has definitely helped me smooth my right foot. Even when going back to my old Tama IC, I find that I now have much more finesse.

Matty1977

Is it closer in feel to a direct drive pedal?

Hard for me to say as I have never played a direct drive pedal. However, the PB definitely translates every nuance in a way my chain drive never did. It is very "direct" in its own right.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Is it closer in feel to a direct drive pedal?

A lot depends on how you set it up. With a loose-ish spring and shortened beater arm, it can feel fairly light. It will never feel as light as a longboard direct drive, though...unless the longboard is set up really heavy, for instance.