Sonor's New Perfect Balance.

RickP

Gold Member
I love my current Sonor Perfect Balance pedal and I have not had any of the issues some people have reported with their pedals. That being said, I look forward to this new version as it will simplify set up when using different kits with different thickness bass drum hoops.

If the feel and action are the same, I will most likely pick one up.

WallyY

Platinum Member
I love the Jojo pedal but I notice a wobble with the Jojo pedal that the Speed Cobras don't have.
I'm going to assume the new unfoldable pedal doesn't have that wobble.

Also, the Jojo pedal has little rubber pads that fall off. The new pedal doesn't work that way, so you don't have to look in the dark for little black pads on a dirty black floor ever again.

The write up says they cut back on non-essentials like no more leather carrying bag for the pedal. I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I don't think they ever had leather.

*edit*
Three months after this post, another part broke. The bearing that the spring loop attaches to wore out and broke. I have a Canopus bearing for it, so it wasn't a big deal, but it would be a real pain to have to contact Sonor to replace that bit.

Last edited:

rummy

Yeah, supposedly they got rid of the wobble, and lowered the price.
I don't think anybody's taking orders on this yet in the US, at least.

Jml

Sweet Jesus, I have to get that. Only thing that kept me from getting the original was the issue mentioned numerous times on this forum. If this is problem free, I’ll sell my car to get one.

JanHaakma

Same here! I really wanted the feel of the Perfect Balance but not the problems haha.. I will order one as soon as they hit the stores.

Jml

Would love to see your review after you buy it.

I guess this model is not endorsed by Jojo Mayer....

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
I guess this model is not endorsed by Jojo Mayer....

oAf6rVU.jpg

Jml

Good to know. Thanks. I heard rumors Mayer wasn’t happy with the problems on his signature model, so somewhat surprised he’s endorsing this one. Hopefully no issues with this one. Had a chance to use it yet? Review?

JanHaakma

I guess the problems he had with the first version have been eliminated in this one whilst the feel stays the same.

I did not care for the folding mechanism and the fancy clamp system, if I am correct those two parts have caused the most trouble (also with Jojo).

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Everyone seems to like playing the pedal.

Clamp and folding have been issues with so many. I don't think being able to fold it down it's worth it if functionality and reliability suffers. Added moving parts = asking for trouble.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I just ordered one from Thomann. No telling how long it will take to get here to Virginia from Europe. I bet it will be worth the wait.