Sonor SQ2: birch or maple? Shell thickness? Seriously need advice!

That's a GREAT KIT !!!

THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK USED !!!

Did Boston Drum say how long the previous owner had them ??

Thanks everybody! Yeah, I feel really lucky. I'm super excited, of course. I'll be keeping these boxed up for another couple months after I receive them because I can't really play them in my apartment (I use an electric kit for practice). It will be reeeeaaallly hard, but I've gone this long without them so what's another couple months? This fall they will be a fixture at of one of the nicer recording studios in the Pacific Northwest, where I will get some clean, clear recordings of these in a sweet room, as well as some video of this incredible looking set.

That's a GREAT KIT !!!

THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK USED !!!

Did Boston Drum say how long the previous owner had them ??

Artstar, they didn't mention how long the previous owner had them, only that it was "slightly used and could pass for brand new." They said that the snare was ordered first, then separately the 20/14/12 shells, then the 10 later on. I know SQ2 orders are currently a 6 month wait, but I don't know if they were ordered within close time frames or not... either way, they look incredible and Sean at Boston Drum Center said that there is barely any wear on this kit and they were in excellent shape. Like you said, they literally look brand new! There were a ton of detailed photos that were on the original listing, that were really big and high-def and I couldn't see anything obvious. I should've saved those photos but I didn't think about it.

Yeah..... That's great JM. !

You got a really special kit !!!!

I had those shells in the Sonor Lite series.. same 6mm tom shells, although built slightly different I am pretty sure.

The heads I had on them were Renaissance Ambassador weight and I highly recommend them if you ever swap heads.

Artstar, they didn't mention how long the previous owner had them, only that it was "slightly used and could pass for brand new." They said that the snare was ordered first, then separately the 20/14/12 shells, then the 10 later on. I know SQ2 orders are currently a 6 month wait, but I don't know if they were ordered within close time frames or not... either way, they look incredible and Sean at Boston Drum Center said that there is barely any wear on this kit and they were in excellent shape. Like you said, they literally look brand new! There were a ton of detailed photos that were on the original listing, that were really big and high-def and I couldn't see anything obvious. I should've saved those photos but I didn't think about it.

There is a serial number inside every SQ2 drum. Put that number in the configurator on the Sonor site. That will show the date the drum was ordered.

http://www.sq2-drumsystem.com/

Back