Sonor SQ1 (brand new kit) problems

Pearl is hard to come by in my country at the moment, for some reason. So it's not Pearl. But they do good stuff for sure.
Along with the sound, you’re gonna dig the small, simple things like the hi hat clutch and cymbal retainers with you’re new not-Pearl kit. ?

Yep. Bottom configuration. 10, 12, 16, 22. More my usual setup.

If I was to ever go Tama again it would be the made in Japan stuff. Feels like most every product I get that’s designed in one country and made in another has iffy quality control.

Star series is nice. I wouldn’t ever buy a kit but I’d consider a snare for sure

If I was to ever go Tama again it would be the made in Japan stuff. Feels like most every product I get that’s designed in one country and made in another has iffy quality control.

Star series is nice. I wouldn’t ever buy a kit but I’d consider a snare for sure

I'm only familiar with their made in Japan stuff. Haven't played the more recent Starclassics made in China.

I've largely only played Sonor. Time to try something a bit different and the walnut has its own vibe.

Dont get too jaded, that's like almost everything now, from clothing to automobiles. Tons of musical gear too.

Yea I’m not too jaded. I actually like supporting hand crafted items. Not even just USA Made stuff, but like Sonor’s German stuff, Tama in Japan and I recently bought a USA handmade snare from pearl.

Back