Sonor S-Classix Bop Set

wloeb

I just received my bop set. It's making nice with the Yamaha's for now.

Sonor S-Classix in Walnut Roots.
10x8 Tom - Remo Fiberskin 3 over stock clear ambassador
14x14 Floor Tom- Remo Fiberskin 3 over stock clear ambassador
14x5 Snare -Remo Stock Coated ambassador over stock clear ambassador
18x16 Bass - Remo Coated ambassador over Stock coated PS3

Mics:
Tom-Tom- Sennheiser e604
Floor tom -Sennheiser e604
Snare -Shure SM57 (top) Sennheiser e604 (bottom)
Bass Drum - Audix D6
Overheads-Oktava Mk012

Recording interface- Presonus firepod

Attachments

• IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 3,759
  • IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 4,125
  • IMG_1492.JPG
    IMG_1492.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 3,453
  • IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 3,753
  • IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 3,345
  • IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 4,825
  • IMG_1490_1.JPG
    IMG_1490_1.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 3,235
  • sonor_s_classix_bop.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,296
Last edited:
And that's the reason I like Sonor. Pretty much all of their kits look and sound fantastic. Change the finish to the green equivalent of the finish there and you basically have the set that I've lusted after for a long time.

And that's the reason I like Sonor. Pretty much all of their kits look and sound fantastic. Change the finish to the green equivalent of the finish there and you basically have the set that I've lusted after for a long time.

I think exactly the same thing.
When I see (And ear!) a kit like that I'm not sure if my next kit will be a Sonor or a Gretsch.

Ugh, what an ugly kit... I can't believe the camera didn't break when you took these pictures. how embarassing for you. Well, maybe someday you can get something nicer....

In the meantime, I'd be willing to take it off of your hands if you wanna get it out of your house. I'll even pay shipping.

If any of this reverse psychology is working please pm me and I'll give you my address.

Wow, I got the same config but in Force 3007 serie...
I'm so jealous... BEAUTIFUL !! PERFECT... You got
my dream kit...

...just one thing, how do you do to fix the moongel on
the bass drum head ??? glue ?? I use the stock Sonor
reso with an Evans G1 coated batter and the moongell
is the perfect muffling for my bass drum but I don't want
to tape it...

Philippe

This is insane. So beautiful. And sounds so good!

Wow GORGEOUS and what a great sound! I have been enjoying my Force 3003 set, but the next up (assuming I don't somehow get my hands on an SQ2) is this Delite, and the walnut roots is absolutely stunning. I love your tunings, especially on the mounted tom, rimshots sound great. Besides the fact that they sound wonderous, how has your experience been with the Fiberskyns in terms of range (pros, cons)? I'm considering getting a pair for at least my toms, but for my set/style I'd tune them higher.

Handsome finish!

I want to get a hardwood floor and bedroom suite that matches that kit.

Wow GORGEOUS and what a great sound! I have been enjoying my Force 3003 set, but the next up (assuming I don't somehow get my hands on an SQ2) is this Delite, and the walnut roots is absolutely stunning. I love your tunings, especially on the mounted tom, rimshots sound great. Besides the fact that they sound wonderous, how has your experience been with the Fiberskyns in terms of range (pros, cons)? I'm considering getting a pair for at least my toms, but for my set/style I'd tune them higher.

Thanks for the comments. I like the fiberskins. I think that they sound best tuned in the medium low to medium high range. Very low you lose projection, very high can sound a bit papery as you head a lot of stick impact. But if you are going for a mellow resonant tone they are great heads. I have them tuned 75/75 on the drum dial (bottom is pitched higher as it is not coated) in the recording. from 72 to 80 sounds good to me with these heads so that is a fairly wide range.

That really is beautiful. Is that a veneer?
Thank you. Yes the outer ply is the a wood veneer.

Wayne

BEAUTIFUL!!

Sonor is it...look at the hardware detail and craftsmanship! Amazing! Now, ...if only they would offer a few more colors in the S Classix, AND...a couple more sizing options in the toms....but .....ain't they sweet! :)

Beautiful set. The ideal minimal setup, especially with those beatiful K cymbals. I really like the fibreskin heads, too.

Not to be a total douchebag, just to clarify a previous question - the Walnut Roots Veneer is composed of engineered wood. That is to say, there is no "Walnut Roots" tree that produces that incredible finish.

Stunning new set!! You finally got a "healthy" one.
The sound of those Sonors is incredible! A great choice to go with one, especially the bass drum sounds awesome.

Did think about tuning the toms a bit higher? I think they`d produce a nice melodic and percussive sound.

Karl

Back