Sonor 3000 tom mount question

GeorgesB

Anybody know the thread size for the wing screw that holds the bass drum tom mount in place? Since I cannot find one for sale anywhere, thinking of just getting a correct size bolt as a temporary solution.

force3005

Silver Member
Hi GeorgesB. I'll try to find the correct wing screw with thread size and correct part number Thursday when I get back home. Otherwise use European metric thread bolt not Asian thread. 3000's were made in Germany.

fl.tom

Are you referring to the wing bolt that screws into the bass drum bracket on your newly acquired 3003 that tightens against the post for the tom holder?

I thought I saw it missing in the one photo in your other thread. If so, it’s an M8 x 37mm... which is an odd ball length.

I had one missing on a kit I bought for a church once and I couldn’t find anyone including stdrums in Germany that stocked it. The closest I could find from any other drum manufacturer or fastener shop was a Pearl UGB-835 which is 35mm long and just short enough not to tighten sufficiently.

So I ended up using a regular hex head M8 x 40mm bolt until I came across an inexpensive, used bass drum bracket on eBay and stole the wing bolt from it.

EDIT: Sonor part number is: 145 941 81

Last edited: