Songs with unusual tuplets in the drumming...

skinslapper27

Am on the hunt for songs with unusual tuplets in the drumming...
The more of these in each song, the more appropriate the song, for my intents and purposes!
There are plenty of songs with, say, 8th/16th note triplets or sextuplets... but what about 32nd note septuplets? 16th nonuplets? 8th note quintuplets?
Your recommendations for songs with unusual tuplets, be they in simple, compound or odd time, please!
Genre isn't important, just want some unusual tuplets. Broken or unbroken doesn't matter. The more in the song, the better!
Thanks.

skinslapper27

Would you consider solo material?

If so, you should definitely explore this, this, and this. Rhythms don't get more advanced than in those collections!

Happy tupleting!
Am really more interested in songs, but I find your publications intriguing, particularly as a drummer/tutor with his own teaching program.
I'll pick up a copy of your work and get tupleting! Cheers.

skinslapper27

Am really more interested in songs, but I find your publication intriguing, particularly as a drummer/tutor with his own teaching program.
I'll pick up a copy of your work and get tupleting! Cheers.
A rather bold claim: "Rhythms don't get more advanced than in those collections!"
You've certainly piqued my interest, good sir!

Alain Rieder

Silver Member
The more of these in each song, the more appropriate the song, for my intents and purposes!
There are plenty of songs with, say, 8th/16th note triplets or sextuplets... but what about 32nd note septuplets? 16th nonuplets? 8th note quintuplets?
Your recommendations for songs with unusual tuplets, be they in simple, compound or odd time, please!
Genre isn't important, just want some unusual tuplets. Broken or unbroken doesn't matter. The more in the song, the better!
Thanks.
Start listening to Frank Zappa’s music.

spelman

Thanks.

jda

Silver Member
study John McLaughlin's guitar playing ---and his Mahavishnu Orchestra (all of it from 1970 0nward) catalog

and tuplet is a funny word ; )

Caz

Hi, I have just the thing! I had a homework assignment from Ari Hoenig recently to compile a playlist of tunes with quintuplets and septuplets and here's everything I could find - hope you enjoy!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwgp_pO-XMibMz8LK5JqcseCjR__odt8q

I later heard of a playlist on Spotify for quintuplets which is a bit less jazz based and has loads of great stuff, so it's also worth searching for that if you use Spotify.

Caroline

ToneT

Silver Member
Thanks.
Zappa-The Black Page

skinslapper27

My
Hi, I have just the thing! I had a homework assignment from Ari Hoenig recently to compile a playlist of tunes with quintuplets and septuplets and here's everything I could find - hope you enjoy!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwgp_pO-XMibMz8LK5JqcseCjR__odt8q

I later heard of a playlist on Spotify for quintuplets which is a bit less jazz based and has loads of great stuff, so it's also worth searching for that if you use Spotify.

Caroline
My man! Thanks

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Virgil Donati has a back catalogue of music you might like. Planet X was another project he was involved in.

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
A rather bold claim: "Rhythms don't get more advanced than in those collections!"
You've certainly piqued my interest, good sir!

Thanks, I hope you decide to explore them. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Please let me know if you decide to get yourself a copy of any of them. I’d love to discuss it with you.