Song that gets you out of a funk

braincramp

Gold Member
I heard the Foo Fighters say they can be having a bad night but as soon as they play All my Life it turns it around..I can relate in a way due to playing this song in a cover band for a few years..it always pumped the band up.. When I go to the gym and need some motivation I dial up Bat Country it works every time..What song works for you?

tamadrm

Platinum Member
For me,it's the studio version of the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again".it kind of transports me back, to a time in my life,when it was soooooo much simpler.

Steve B

Last edited:

Drummerboyo

For a little pick me up? For me i don't have one particular song/band but at the moment I've gone back to CKY Vol 1 96 quite bitter beings.
Always walk with a skip in my step heading to the pub listening to that hah.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
During a gig, our bastardised version of Sunshine is always a band lift. On a personal level, Holst's planet suite takes me through a "reset" range of emotions.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Coming in from the Cold by Bob Marley always does the trick for me. It's the song that got me into reggae. I still remember hearing the first time.

WhoIsTony?

in everyday life its What a Fool Believes by the Doobie Brothers

I have no idea why ....but I could be having a horrible day and if that song comes on I crank it up and everything is beautiful again

here maybe it will light up yours

listen to that groove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M

if it's on a gig we are talking about Seven Steps to Heaven gets me pumped every time

....or in a rock band I toured with for a decade we would cover Unchained by Van Halen , Truth Hits Everybody by the Police and Where Eagles Dare by the Misfits....never in the same set but each of those were always a good part of the night

especially Truth Hits......so much fun!!!!

all of those could do it though

braincramp

Gold Member
As for other emotions..Night Moves always, always chokes me up some..at 51 I start feeling my youth slip away when I listen to it..music is the soundtrack of our lives..

Mark_S

Silver Member
Hard to Handle by The Black Crowes is always a good one for me if I'm not feeling it.

And Since Andy mentioned a classical piece I feel I can do the same :p For an emotional pick me up and something calming that helps me reconnect with nature, The Lark Ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams is one of my favourite pieces. The live Janine Jansen rendition on YouTube is a nice version, if you're into that kinda thing.

criz p. critter

Silver Member
Pretty much anything with a good beat. Funk gets me out of a funk any day. Also great for keeping me calm while driving. I commute 2 hours a day in L.A. traffic. Having a good sound system in my car keeps me from giving in to road rage.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Mozart usually picks me up. Flaming Lips Soft Bulletin album. Foo Fighters Learn to Fly. There are a lot of them, now that I think about it. Music keeps me going.

CCdrummer

Great replies!

For me "Dynamite" by the Scorpions. Pure 80's excess and fun.

Someone mentioned "night moves". Ditto on those feelings.